nordloef wrote:

Not possible. You have to choose either sync or keyboard in lsdj.

Yeah of course, but I didn't mean have sync and kbd at the same time, I just meant having the option to use the PS/2 connector as both regular sync AND kbd.

MooseHead wrote:
nordloef wrote:

Not possible. You have to choose either sync or keyboard in lsdj.

Yeah of course, but I didn't mean have sync and kbd at the same time, I just meant having the option to use the PS/2 connector as both regular sync AND kbd.

Mmm, you would use two keyboard at the same time?

xero wrote:

thanx for leaving me credit in the image ;D

cool project!

Thanks to you! i made my first prosound with your instructions smile, i trust in knowledge share and give the source of credit if i take from other source than me. wink

Out-Line wrote:

Mmm, you would use two keyboard at the same time?

No no, not at all.
I mean to use the PS/2 ports in lieu of a link cable.
I don't have a link cable and they're too expensive where I live, so if I'm gonna mod in a PS/2 port for a keyboard in my Gameboy, why not make it multi-purpose and function as a link cable as well?

I added something to your picture in the OP.
Male connectors at the bottom, from the front.

› Show Spoiler

EDIT:
super cool mspaint demonstration graphic

› Show Spoiler

Last edited by MooseHead (May 5, 2013 2:32 pm)

Yess i think this thing can work, i have think use usb cable it have 4 "track" 2 for power and 2 for data but if you solder 4 cable of gameboy in respective points you can get usb cable link smile  only cons is not compatible with all gameboy, only with your mod.   Remember the view point of female pin is inverted point in male.

Out-Line wrote:

Yess i think this thing can work, i have think use usb cable it have 4 "track" 2 for power and 2 for data but if you solder 4 cable of gameboy in respective points you can get usb cable link smile  only cons is not compatible with all gameboy, only with your mod.   Remember the view point of female pin is inverted point in male.

Wicked, my PS/2 jacks and plugs came in the mail today. Time to play stingy scientist.

Shit yeah it works.

Austin, TX

I always put epoxy around the pins for added support, and it could also mount that jack. I've experimented with a bunch of different ps/2 jacks and the ones that ApeShit posted have worked the best for me. Another way you could reinforce the pins is to use heat shrink tubing.