Manchester, UK

This is fantastic. Haunted Mansion is incredibly cool.

EDIT: In fact, I'd love to remix that track. What're the chances of me getting my hands on some stems?

Last edited by Boddrick (Jul 1, 2013 1:36 pm)

This is great. STandard Crap is easily my favorite track.

Last edited by 8bittypage (Jul 1, 2013 6:07 pm)

The Rubber Man

Boddrick: Thx dude.
Whad do You mean by "stems" btw? Some sources or anything like that?

8bittypage: Thank You very much. wink I wasn't sure if the 'experiment' will be successful. wink wink

Manchester, UK

Yeah I'm not sure how you actually make music on a Spectrum, so I'm not sure if this is possible for you, but  usually if a guy makes a song and wants to let other people remix it, he'll render all the individual tracks (instrument lines) as .wav or.mp3 files and send them to remixers so they have the original sounds to use in the remix. They call those individual tracks "stems".

As I say, I don't know if that's possible given your method of making music, but if it is possible, I'd give my left nut for some Haunted Mansion stems! OK, that's an exaggeration. I'd give you a hug for some Haunted Mansion stems.

The Rubber Man

Haha, I hear You mate. smile

OK, I get it.
Well, it's partly possible. I mean - ZX has 3 tracks only. But it has more generators. Hence - usually the arpeggios + hihats + snare are in one and the same track. Bass and the bassdrum are in another one. And commonly the third track goes with lead instrument. But of course it changes while the entire song (due to few channels people have to make some strange variations sometimes wink ).
But the separation for 3 tracks is strict and easy to record... separately. wink
So I will do it and upload here, probably today, in the evening. And You will see if it's useful.
Thx a lot!
Yerz

NC in the US of America

I don't know WHY it took me so long to check this out and I'm kicking myself right now. I just started playing around zx sounds in Beepola and I think I have a greater appreciation for this because of that. Really nice music here. You are really fooling my ear with this crazy channel work, I thought you had 4 or 5 channels to work with at times, haha.

What software do you use to compose? I know you've probably mentioned it before. Do you compose on a pc and then transfer to zxspectrum, or do you do everything from the native platform? I found out that Joe McAlby composed all his Gameboy music on a ZXSpectrum with his own custom music tracking software before actually converting it to code for the Gameboy to use, so this ZXSpectrum stuff really is fascinating to me right now.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Jul 2, 2013 11:39 am)

Manchester, UK

Wow, 3 tracks is super impressive!

It sounds like it's kind of tricky to render out these stems, so don't worry about it too much. I haven't been producing that long so my remix wouldn't be phenomenal anyway big_smile But thanks in advance if you do get the stems!

The Rubber Man

Boddrick:
So here they are:
http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/Yerzmyey-Haun … tracks.zip
The all 3 separately recorded traxx. Also, now You can hear how it has been done. Sometimes there is bass, bassdrum and snare altogether in one channel, heh.
Btw, originally the song was looped so here it ends suddenly as the loop had to be removed of course.
Hehe, let me know if You have anything.

SketchMan3:
ZX Spectrum has 2 sound-sources: beeper and AY.
The Beepola tracker is for beeper. I use the AY instead.
For composing I use a native Spectrum tracker which is ZX SoundTracker 1.1.
However You can use a PC cross-platform tracker - Vortex II.
http://bulba.untergrund.net/VT1.0beta19.7z (Windows).
The stuff composed for GameBoy was made for AY originally, as far as I remember.

Greetzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. wink
Yerz

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Some of your best!!! Lov'n IM35, Feels like you poured lemon juice on my brain and then bitch slapped it, OH yea!!!

Manchester, UK
YERZMYEY wrote:

Boddrick:
So here they are:

Awesome! Thanks dude!

I'm pretty slow making music, so I'll be a while, but I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this. I'll let you know when I'm done butchering your lovingly created sounds wink

NC in the US of America

Thanks Yerz. I've downloaded all those things and will be trying them out (on my PC, though... >_>)

This is such good music.

The Rubber Man

Thanks Yogi. smile smile

Boddrick: have phun with the software. wink

SketchMan3: Thx again and You know - take Your time. wink

TSSBAY01

FUK YEAH YERZMYEYY

Sevilla, Spain

Whoa Yermz, I almost listen your album at work every day. I love that you tried to push the boundaries of a single AY using Vortex Tracker and the most simplistic setting. I love the hard/dark shit, so this is the finest darkest AY shit I heard so long. As you said, a lot of people use it in a way more melodic way, like my fellow Rolemusic, wich is awesome, but I've always wanted to know if you can make it sound brutal.

I did some dark single using Vortex Tracker and Piggy tracker for the remix, btw using only one track or stem http://pak-0.bandcamp.com/album/r0b0t1-kkexception-2 , but your stuff is way darker big_smile

Last edited by PaK-Zer0 (Jul 11, 2013 6:35 am)

Venezuela

the art sux, the music too!... XD

The Rubber Man

It's because I like to suck clitoris, this habit influences my music.

Thx guyz - and btw - I actually make the stuff on ZX Spectrum, on SoundTracker 1.1 program. smile I can't use VortexTracker. smile

PS: Pak, somehow this link doesn't work. Hmm.