Yeah covers would be great! smile I might do the inevitable 'You Suffer... But Why?' myself haha

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Beverage wrote:

28 seconds is the lowest I've ever seen a "write a song that is x seconds long" compilation go that has still seen some form of quality in its entries.  This, on the other hand, just will not work.

There was a 13 second comp that venetian snares, e.s.c. and I were on (among others, we were all that I recall) that had a bunch of great entries.

1 second comp has happened before, just not in a strictly chip sense. I think Bit Shifter was actually on Sloppy Seconds if I am not mistaken?

Yep, it's not a super original idea on my part. smile There have been a few successful 10-second vinyl comps but the couple i've submitted to have all fallen through >_<;

I just thought,if it's important to you that people know what hardware you used then please incorporate it in the song title somehow. I can't face listing that info for every track, artist and title for 100s of one seconds is gonna be headache enough smile

England

someone should just do the inevitable and make a no seconds compilation. Just like gillette should just make a 20 bladed face carving razor and give a big fuck you to wilkinson sword.

anyway. I'll be up for submitting something. smile

Malaga, Spain

Me too! smile

Last edited by LBC (Apr 6, 2010 12:23 pm)

Milan, Italy

Track sent.
LSDJ + Drum Samples + Guitar + Bass + Vox.

ahah

edit:
i think that song is great and i'm kinda proud of it.
If you need something more "chippy" just tell me and i'm going to write a new track.

Last edited by arottenbit (Apr 6, 2010 4:03 pm)

Malaga, Spain

You got mine now!

Thanks all, top stuff!!! Keep them coming. This is gonna be amazing ^_^

I'm keeping a tracklist updated on the Other board... sorry smile but can't face re-posting it on every single board on which in invite submissions...

http://8bitcollective.com/forums/viewto … 71&p=1

Michigan

i thought of this.......

The way for this to become something more than an album of musical non-sequiturs, is if everyone agreed on a small set of tempos and keys, that way there would be a few "mini suites". Although I suppose it might take too much organization, and it's probably not the desired outcome. Perhaps an idea for another compilation.

ad-hell-aide
fluidvolt wrote:

The way for this to become something more than an album of musical non-sequiturs, is if everyone agreed on a small set of tempos and keys, that way there would be a few "mini suites". Although I suppose it might take too much organization, and it's probably not the desired outcome. Perhaps an idea for another compilation.

The issue with this is that there is only one second to play with... any choices in tempo would have to be related to 60bpm... even so, there is more to having a sense of congruency in music than just tempo alone ie. even if the tempi match, this won't make for a smooth-sounding compilation where tracks sound continuous.

EDIT: didn't see that you meant keys as well - this could make a difference of course wink

Nice ideas but no just send one second of anything, I like chaos more than i like music.

Brooklyn NY US

Fukken SUBMITED!!11

Brooklyn NY US
Anamanaguchi wrote:

can we do covers

On the Obscurica Records comp of one-second tracks (which unfortunately never materialized), I remember reading somewhere that one contributor had taken an audio file of the entirely of Pink Floyd's The Wall (I think) and digitally time-condensed it down to one second & submitted it.

Maybe that's a remix though.

FERNDALE, MI, USA
Anamanaguchi wrote:

can we do covers

tongue

man, mines just gonna be one BRUTAL ARP!