New Albany Indiana

I come here a sane person, i leave with a gun to my head.

Thank you.

UK, Leicester

I'd like to thank tacticalbread, thretris, pixy junket and so many others for being an inspiration to me, and a damn good introduction to chipmusic.

I also want to thank A+B+Up+Start for being a massive twat, a twat that told me that what I did was wrong.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributes in some way to the chip community. Even if you don't think you do, you do.

matt's mind
Feryl wrote:

I'd like to thank SketchMan3 for liking my music and being a really decent guy. Also, he's pretty much the only other chip artist I know who lives in my state.

nc, right?

i live in your state.  if manipulating electrons for chip counts as artistry in your sense

there are actually a few of us here!  asheville to wilmington, winston, hickory, greensboro, raleigh/carrboro/chapel hill/durham metromonstrosity area.  charlotte.

Finland

This community is the bombiest thing on the planet. That is all.

Bit wish wrote:

Thank you.

hmm ?

New Albany Indiana
defPREMIUM wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

Thank you.

hmm ?

hmm ?

and holy konni i forgot holy konni

Douglas, Wyoming

Okay uhh I'd like to thank Chiprokku for being a cool dude and hooking me up with some DMG cases, Frostbyte and anamanamanananguchi for being an influence making cool music and being my first chiptune experience, J Arthur Keens for being an influence and cool guy, Revengineers and Nick Maynard for being an influence and for being awesome, anyone who liked my stuff (I'm sorry your ears are broken get well soon XOXOXO), uhh Kitsch for providing quality stuff. Big shoutout to AndrewKilpatrick over at Pxl-Bot for giving my EP an actual release

And shouts out to all the curmudgeons who like to tell me when I'm wrong, it helps me be right more often. And thanks to all the lovely members of cm.o and the late 8bc.o who made awesome music to listen to and enjoy. I feel like this thank you was long enough to be a Lupe Fiasco intro track.

BOSTON

thanks bros

California, United States

A big thanks to kfaraday, b00daw, gyms, zanzan and ant1 for being supportive and overall friendly and cool dudes.

heart<3<3

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:56 pm)

matt's mind

D&D Sluggers in wilmington would be the best to ask about this i'm thinking, they play shows regularly and have in other parts of the state.  so would know good venues and whatnot (i live in hickory, and if you're at all familiar with it you know its totally devoid of anything interesting, altogether).  there are also some anime/etc conventions in the state which have minimal chip presence now, i *think* inverse phase was just on a panel at Animazement in Raleigh discussing chip music in fact

people play up in asheville a lot.  nestrogen jumps to mind.  charlotte (and columbia, SC) have a pretty active nerdcore scene so there could be some overlap there.

there really are a few people to draw from, not to mention if we just reached out to SC, TN, VA, and GA folk too there would be a pretty great lineup potentially. 

the idea for an outdoor fest (with camping!) near the parkway/asheville/boone has been milling around in my head for the last couple years its just a crazy job but no doubt it would get a lot of support.  it'd make sense to do it either just before or after moogfest maybe in buncombe or yancey counties.  the locals would eat it up, there is a bunch of outdoor space, there is moogfest to bring some other people into the loop possibly.  its generated a lot of excitement in the area, thankfully.

where are you in NC?  we can do this PM style too, i think maybe this is getting too off topic for everyone's liking wink

edit -- also, I-95 and I-40 intersect in our state...  in a lot of ways re: transportation it'd be a nice fit.  hence all the drug trafficking in the state too, i suppose

Youngstown, OH
kitsch wrote:

edit -- also, I-95 and I-40 intersect in our state...  in a lot of ways re: transportation it'd be a nice fit.  hence all the drug trafficking in the state too, i suppose

Worth the sidetrack for ending up here

NC in the US of America

I agree that it'd be better to post in each indidivual release thread that you like.

This reminds me of that cm.o love fest thread thingy that we had last year.

I will once again think AndrewKilpatrick for and schooling me on newbie etiquette for joining a long established "scene"/community, and also for listening to my side of the story. Though I think I still sometimes make some of the same mistakes I made when I first joined... <_<

>_>

... I hope opinion has improved...

Basically I'm thankful for everybody here who calls out all the stupidity/silliness that goes on. You know who you are.

Seattle, WA

I want to thank saskrotch for being mean to me that one time, that's how you know you've been noticed in chip.

washington

i'd like to thank my psychiatrist