Chicago IL
theghostservant wrote:

20-something guy to some highschoolers, all parties walking past:
"Don't pay him any mind. He just wants attention."

he was right

Scotland

"My mate usually busks here. He's just out of jail for killing three guys, so fuck off."

Germany

one time when i played guitar on a bench in a forest/park, some drive-by mountain biker told me i needed a hat. since i cant really play guitar and was just looking for a quiet place to practice outside, i doubt anyone would have put some coins into that hat, though >; ]

i would go busking with my bass or game boy, but the city i live in (heidelberg, germany) doesnt allow amplified busking.

Rynnon wrote:

i would go busking with my bass or game boy, but the city i live in (heidelberg, germany) doesnt allow amplified busking.

That really sucks dude.

Last edited by DESUMATE (Jun 24, 2013 3:12 am)

Texas

Sometimes I get asked to take my clothes off. I rarely do though.

New Albany Indiana
Sycamore Drive wrote:

inb4

Baja California

I busked months ago and girl once asked me what I was doing and I said "That's a song I wrote". Then she rapidly left laughing (mockingly) at me pulling another guy. The same day some guy gave me a guitar school flyer giving a look of "play guitar instead". Aside from that, it was a very good day and even people stayed listening

ohio gozaimasu

One time I was busking and this annoying little bitch was like "howd you get in my house u fukken creep" what the fuck I just busking minding my own businies like shut the f up the nerve of some people

Montreal, Canada
DESUMATE wrote:
Rynnon wrote:

That really sucks dude.

It's even more retarded in Montreal. While it's possible to busk in many areas without too much trouble, most of the places where you stand any chance of actually making any money (parks, metro stations etc) require you to get a permit. Not only do you need to pay for the permit, but you have to perform in front of, and by judged by a snob committee that will decide if your music is worthy of public attention. They you have schedules to respect and everything. It's retarded. Of course its not super well enforced and many people just busk anywhere without giving a fuck, but you can be fined up to something like 500$ if you get caught.

New Albany Indiana

It seems like nobody likes live busking if you're not shredding power chords.

NC in the US of America

One time my friend and I were jamming in the school gym on guitar and drums during a fundraiser just for the fun of it and people found a hat and put money in it. Nobody said anything, though.

Then we donated the money to the school.

Bit wish wrote:

How does one shred power chords?

Gosford, Australia
SketchMan3 wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

How does one shred power chords?

den-tist
jugga jigga wugga

lolusa

I remember a guy telling me all about flashdance and how my music had soul to it.

n00bstar wrote:
DESUMATE wrote:

That really sucks dude.

It's even more retarded in Montreal. While it's possible to busk in many areas without too much trouble, most of the places where you stand any chance of actually making any money (parks, metro stations etc) require you to get a permit. Not only do you need to pay for the permit, but you have to perform in front of, and by judged by a snob committee that will decide if your music is worthy of public attention. They you have schedules to respect and everything. It's retarded. Of course its not super well enforced and many people just busk anywhere without giving a fuck, but you can be fined up to something like 500$ if you get caught.

In Rhode Island you can do it anywhere as long as its not bothering people and store owners.
Its perfectly okay do it in parks though.

Busking at a university with 33,000 students at the central park gets you no attention except for two guys who are stoned out of their minds who are convinced you know everything about NES games because you make music with a Nintendo device. That is the experience thus far.

Los Angeles, CA
Bit wish wrote:

Tell that to the city of New Orleans