matt's mind

i've put these shirts on SUPER clearance

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/gh … g-t-shirts

$7.  wanting to clear up some shelf space, my loss your gain!

extremely limited quantities.  and once these are gone, they are gone for sure.

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody -

we've had the metal shield part from inside the DMG console remade:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/metal-shielding

its the part that separates the cart from the internal electronics when the cart is inserted.

we had two variaties of this made, one in the normal unfinished stainless steel and the other with the 'colorful' effect, just like our replacement battery contacts

enjoy!  and, keep chipping,

matt

thanks for looking!

SLC, UT

I think this has already been asked, but what's the eta on el panels? I'd really like one for my pocket.

matt's mind

really really soon, i thought about just opening up for pre-orders but decided against it on the off-chance something crazy happens.  that close to being restocked

its sort of funny you ask, i was complaining and being whiny to the assembly place just last night...

in a professional sort of way, of course. 

the rest of the kit, apart from the circuit board, is ready to go already.  bagged even.

Do you think the el panels will fly off the shelves or would it be safe to wait to order a few when the white buttons and new shells finally arrive to avoid paying shipping multiple times?

matt's mind

they might get here at the same time, i got pictures of the plastics last night too

there are a few people waiting for el kits, i know that much, but i increased the batch by quite a bit this time so hopefully they'll last a bit

Will there be multiple color options, or one color like last time? wink I have an extreme green GBP I have been holding out on modding based on whispers of new EL lights.

matt's mind

^ in short...  yes.  but not immediately.  changing the color afterwards is a piece of cake though.  that actually might be the easiest console mod ever (to change the color of an EL backlight).  a couple steps short of changing buttons even.

matt's mind

2+ projects, and

ONE SCREEN PROTECTOR TO RULE THEM ALL!

the holes are open for LEDs, and there is a breakout PCB to mount in this place which is adaptable for different projects.

this style screen pro is being made now for the following projects (tested, working kits, not mass manufactured atm):
-- arduinoboy (internal)
-- lsdjmc2 (internal)
-- some other projects which can use the same form-factor that i'm not going to tell you about right now wink

the shaded grey circle is where the original power LED is located, for reference.  the real part isn't shaded at all.  yes, this means this LED will loose its power indicator function.

the other element to these projects are the main circuit boards and their inputs/outputs, i'll post pictures of them installed ASAP (headed out of town and even though i'm taking this stuff along just in case, i seriously doubt i'll be able to grab even a few minutes).

pretty great day testing this stuff.  the screen pros aren't manufactured yet otherwise i'd show a real picture of them.  i'll hold off proper product pics until they arrive too.   i'm just sort of pumped this has all come together finally, wanted to just share a little bit of it with you all....  (even if the only screen pro to show is a mock-up....  still, excite!)

Cleveland, OH

This is great! I literally just shipped a DMG with Arduino built in and did the LEDs just like this.
You should do a version with the modes printed on the screen cover! They're not drilled all the way through are they?

matt's mind

no, they aren't drilled all the way through, considered it but wanted to keep cost down, reuse the previous shape, but it also leaves the window open for some neat stuff too

yeah i'm thinking an applique on the side later, the only thing is that since its adaptable for more than one project i doubt i'll ever do something that's committed to one layout or another on the screen pro itself.  the adaptability to different projects, and the way each is installed even, leave too many different options.  better to leave that choice to the user i figure.  but who knows.  if enough people ask for it, i'll just put it to a vote and do it!

Cleveland, OH

That makes sense actually. A simple decal would be better.

thursdaycustoms wrote:

This is great! I literally just shipped a DMG with Arduino built in and did the LEDs just like this.
You should do a version with the modes printed on the screen cover! They're not drilled all the way through are they?

kitsch wrote:

no, they aren't drilled all the way through, considered it but wanted to keep cost down, reuse the previous shape, but it also leaves the window open for some neat stuff too

yeah i'm thinking an applique on the side later, the only thing is that since its adaptable for more than one project i doubt i'll ever do something that's committed to one layout or another on the screen pro itself.  the adaptability to different projects, and the way each is installed even, leave too many different options.  better to leave that choice to the user i figure.  but who knows.  if enough people ask for it, i'll just put it to a vote and do it!

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/cu … een-covers

Not hard to repurpose something like this, where the holes are punch-out (perforated?) for each LED. Include photoshop templates or something similar for each design and you are golden. wink That way people can color coordinate with LED's and screencovers, as well as other graphics/labels.

Last edited by thebitman (May 3, 2013 3:56 am)

matt's mind

^ yeah, you read my mind exactly.  for sure i'll do some sticker sheets like this at some point (not quite the priority right now, but on the list for sure)

from the newsletter

hey everybody -

finally got these two kits up in the shop for you all, sorry about the wait:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/prosound-kits
http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/easy_ps-2

and also Vex sent in some of his clothboys for the shop, really happy to have them:

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/clothboy

i wish i could put one in everybody's hands so you can feel!  they're surprisingly comfortable to use. 

guess that does it for this newsletter, until next time, keep chipping!

matt

LA:CA

Is the a possibility of getting a 1/4 pro sound kit available?

matt's mind

yepyepyep

in progress.  rca too