Michigan

Hmm.

Straya Mate
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Hmm.

Hmm. Thoughts?

Also, not sure if I have mentioned yet, but of course I take no credit for the initial design which this is based on, which was of course created by the two polish students.

Both Kitch and I have been trying to get in touch with them, to no avail, so if anyone knows a current email or any contact info it would be much appreciated!

Last edited by DaRkO (Dec 17, 2013 3:39 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

cool!, although I have to say the surface mounted cart connector gives me the willies.

Straya Mate
kineticturtle wrote:

cool!, although I have to say the surface mounted cart connector gives me the willies.

haha in which way? Just because of that "awesome" soldering job, or just the fact it's smt? smile

SLC, UT

That looks great man! What's the status with pre ordering?

Matthew Joseph Payne
DaRkO wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

haha in which way? Just because of that "awesome" soldering job, or just the fact it's smt? smile

Just the fact that it's SMT and it will take physical stress through use. What about putting little wings on the cart connector to screw it to the PCB?

stargazer wrote:

That looks great man! What's the status with pre ordering?

Straya Mate
kineticturtle wrote:
DaRkO wrote:

Just the fact that it's SMT and it will take physical stress through use. What about putting little wings on the cart connector to screw it to the PCB?

I have them fixed to the boards well, I promise you that haha

They aren't fixed using solder only wink

The mounting tabs have to be removed for GB games to fit, but I can assure you I've found a VERY strong way of mounting them wink haha

As for the pre-ordering, I'm in talks with Kitch atm, so I'll let you know soon!

The plan (hopefully) is that Kitch will supply them for everywhere but Australia. But as I said, were still talking!

Matthew Joseph Payne
DaRkO wrote:

The mounting tabs have to be removed for GB games to fit, but I can assure you I've found a VERY strong way of mounting them wink haha

So are they glued or something?

Straya Mate

Bingo, yep, they are glued down tight, it's not really necessary at all, but I don't think it'll hurt.