Brooklyn, NY

Glad I read this thread because I just remembered that some of my CC-licensed stuff still isn't "No-Derivs."

Now that I think of it, 8bc applies only one kind of CC license (Share-Sharealike) for every upload, correct? Think it might be time to take down some stuff from there.

uhajdafdfdfa

Why do you care if someone makes a remix of your song, releases it under a CC license, and credits you with a link to your page? It's just extra publicity.

These guys seem to have not given much credit to anyone about anything though, and didn't release it under a CC license, naughty. sad

Brooklyn NY US
Zen Albatross wrote:

Now that I think of it, 8bc applies only one kind of CC license (Share-Sharealike) for every upload, correct? Think it might be time to take down some stuff from there.

They added qualifying language at the footer of the site, saying "... unless otherwise stated." This way users could specify a different license if they wanted, via the song description field.

ant1 wrote:

Why do you care if someone makes a remix of your song, releases it under a CC license, and credits you with a link to your page? It's just extra publicity.

Subjective personal preference. It's kind of cool to know that for a given remix, the cooperation of the artists involved is the product of deliberate selection on their part. It's a subtle thing I guess, but to me anyway, remixes facilitated strictly by a blanket license seem more impersonal and indiscriminate.

Hmm, im not sure what to do here... do you think they will be releasing my stuff with rap over to buy under their name,?

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

From what I can tell, these guys are just writing some full-flex new zef flows over 8bit. Relllaxxxxxxxx.

Am I kidding? I'm not even sure.

Stellenbosch, South Africa

I'll be keeping an eye on them. If they start selling some tunes or take some wrong steps, I'll let you guys know.

@Sparky Boy, if you really had a problem with what we are doing you would have contacted me personally. the subfocus tunes was a joke, a friend said i couldnt put vox over it so i did and we all had a laugh. we never sold any tunes nor would we! the dubmood tune ill man up and say it came out kak. and if i remember correctly dubmood mailed me and said i need to mention him!!! if u open your eyes u will see that all the fantomenk songs mentions fantomenk! and i have links to his page and every time he brings out a new song i post it on my wall. im also trying my best to get simon(fantomenk) to come to S.A next year to do a tour with us. me and simon have a verbal contract and when we do bring out a ep he will be payed per song or percentage wise, wich ever he chooses. pls just get your facts rite before you accuse us of stealing. im not in this to make money! Im doing this with my mates because we love 8bit and we love fantomenk! and we want S.A to love it as much as we do!
We also do fantomenk dj sets and we call this olinosterfant doing FantomenK Diskou...
We love simon's music and we are super lucky to have PERMISSION to use some of his tracks! we do not steal and try to make money! we love music!
And we dont only use fantomenk! we do our own tunes aswell. if you came to a gig you will know this.
we will always be thankfull to simon for giving us the oppurtunity to get started! Thats why i want to bring him to SA.
I understand all you peeps comments, you have your own say and i respect that, but SPARKYBOY, before you talk kak behind our backs first get all your facts right. I dig your vibe, you are awesome! I just dont like wat u did here. you couldve just mailed me and we could have sorted this out.

peace out guys! 8bit for life!

Jaak (Olinosterfant)

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

in b4...

hardcore, Australia

is kak some kind of South African version of shit?

))<>((
godinpants wrote:

is kak some kind of South African version of shit?

lol http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=kak

Houston, Texas

props

this is just a few steps closer to being sampled by Kanye