(Sorry if this is the wrong place for a question like this, but it seems like you guys might know):

I've noticed that in order to get a .SAV file to actually be written to, you have to restart/turn off the emulator. Has anyone been able to change this behavior so that saving 'in-game' writes the .SAV file immediately without needing to restart BGB?

Additionally the program seems to 'auto-save' every 3-5 min (like its 'checking for a new save'), but may actually save nothing and loading that file will just use your last .SAV that you actually did through the game (even though the 'file time' updates in your OS), can anyone confirm/deny this as well?

BGB auto saves every 256 seconds, so every 4 minutes, 16 seconds according to the author of the program. I don't think there's a way to automatically save more often than that. The easiest way to force the save data to be written to disk is probably to reset the CPU, which you can do with numpad * or fn+P on many laptops.

Could you please clarify the following? It sounds like a potential bug, if it's actually true.

Blitzer wrote:

but may actually save nothing and loading that file will just use your last .SAV that you actually did through the game (even though the 'file time' updates in your OS), can anyone confirm/deny this as well?

New version released.

New in BGB 1.5.3 (2017-03-04) - Accuracy improvements, including: pokemon (all versions) now has correct TID for speedruns. Fixed a large number of bugs and problems, including: "uncoverable direct3d error" on some Optimus laptops. Added improved support for automation/commandline use. Significant performance/efficiency improvement with most roms. Added support for loading RTC .sav files where a timestamp in the future does not (incorrectly) advance time.

New version released.

New in BGB 1.5.4 (2017-07-18) - Fixed regression: pokemon yellow broken in SGB mode. Fixed a number of bugs.

Excellent! ! BGB is indispensable for me heart