NorthTtrrrway
kitsch wrote:

trying to be pretty thorough with that sort of thing (protections and whatnot).  hoping you all will be pleased

can you let more details out? smile Cartridge slot? clock sync?

Last edited by the mist toggles (May 29, 2014 5:51 am)

Tacoma WA
the mist toggles wrote:
kitsch wrote:

trying to be pretty thorough with that sort of thing (protections and whatnot).  hoping you all will be pleased

can you let more details out? smile Cartridge slot? clock sync?

i know right!

matt's mind

kinda sorta (cart slot), and kinda sorta (clock sync)...

wink

well.  yes, and yes, but probably not the way you are envisioning...

i absolutely love being this cryptic.  sorry guys.  but, really....  its quite thrilling.

in all honesty though, all the functional features of the original console will be present as long as they are still relevant, but perhaps adjusted to make sense in the new environment (like line levels mentioned before, just for the easiest example). 

i was in the SDIY world before i ever got in to chip, but this was prior to the eurocrack pandemic, so that is really paying off with some very minor adjustments (it was overwhelmingly MOTM, modcan/cynthia, and dot.com when I was building regularly, DIY eurorack was pretty uncommon).  learning the new sizing/layout schemes has been the biggest hiccup, partially because of rushing the projects a bit too much prior to moogfest, but thats easily resolved.

My rack is ready and waiting!

Michigan

That's what she said.

Alabama
DSC wrote:

My rack is ready and waiting!

How do those GBC's handle compared to the DMG's with the Synthboy+ kit?

GBC' are the only way to go, I will leave it at that.  I consider it my secret weapon.  Especially when pushing modulation at high speeds!
Curious to how Kitsch has handled this problem.  Custom software I suspect.

Oh and as to your previous comment about form factor.  I too once was going to build a eurorack version.  But I still wanted to have my Gameboy portable.  Now I have the best of both worlds.  Take a GB with me and jam on it with LSDJ and then come home swap carts and make crazy beep boop noises with my eurorack.  Dual purpose makes it more useful for me personally anyway.  Amping up the levels is a snap with a module from Circuit Abbey called Gozinta.  I find it very useful and can adjust levels on the fly.  Plus I find I have to have these modules for other video game console stuff I run through my euro because all of it runs at line level and all of it needs to be bumped up in level.

Last edited by DSC (May 30, 2014 6:02 pm)

Glasgow, Scotland.

Bumping this old thread as I might have the change to get one of these things:

http://gieskes.nl/undefined/eurorack/?f=euroboy

Does anybody have one? Details on the power draw/how easy it is to remove the Game Boy and backlight it/HP/if the DMG obscures any modules in the rows above it...

http://zibrazibrazibra.com/look-mum-no-computer/
issue 2 has instructions on how to set up the triple osc gameboy

Glasgow, Scotland.
TetrisEffect wrote:

Cool link, thanks for sharing. Is there any guide to setting up the actual panel with CV in/out/etc though? That doesn't appear to be in that issue, and is something I'm not familiar enough with to try.

I tried e-mailing the guy that made the synth in the OP, but all he said in response to my questions was that he doesn't sell the module anymore, so that's a dead end sadly.

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
TetrisEffect wrote:

Cool link, thanks for sharing. Is there any guide to setting up the actual panel with CV in/out/etc though? That doesn't appear to be in that issue, and is something I'm not familiar enough with to try.

I tried e-mailing the guy that made the synth in the OP, but all he said in response to my questions was that he doesn't sell the module anymore, so that's a dead end sadly.

cant really help you ther man, maybe some one else can step in and explain