New Albany Indiana
Puke_Flytalker wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

I believe there is a thread just for people posting random stuff, like a "IRC" thread somewhere here.
But im pretty sure all threads need to be chip music related in some sorts, or at least constructive.
Like for instance, the thread "CHIPMUSIC EVERY ONE NEEDS TO HAVE"  thread wouldn't really fit in any other sections.
I don't think there is a general rule about posting non-chip music related stuff but there needs to be to clear things up.

umm im pretty sure that "chipmusic everyone needs to have" would fit perfectly in the releases board... just saiyan

Nah, releases are for releases, this isn't a release.

New Albany Indiana
nitro2k01 wrote:

We did discuss this when creating the site. We decided specifically not to have an "off-topic" forum, but instead a "general discussion" board for discussions that don't fit into any of the other forums. The difference between "off-topic" and "general discussion" is important. Things in general discussion should still be at least tangentially related to chip music culture or common interests that people might have. If you just want to post the latest joke image you found, go get a tumblr or something. CM as a whole is supposed to be reasonably on topic.

You guys should make a rule for this, so things like this thread don't happen again.

Maine
nitro2k01 wrote:

We did discuss this when creating the site. We decided specifically not to have an "off-topic" forum, but instead a "general discussion" board for discussions that don't fit into any of the other forums. The difference between "off-topic" and "general discussion" is important. Things in general discussion should still be at least tangentially related to chip music culture or common interests that people might have. If you just want to post the latest joke image you found, go get a tumblr or something. CM as a whole is supposed to be reasonably on topic.

the reason why im not going on /b/ or tumblr or reddit is because i dont feel like dealing with it.. id rather just hit a small community rather than have 80 million people and high traffic to the point where my stuff doesnt even get seen or responded to.. there is really no difference to off-topic and gen disc go visit some forums real quick you will see.. and its really not about my thread getting removed its about people treating it like i made some huge crime against the website by posting a funny picture and having a small amount of uptight people jumping on my back over nothing making remarks and saying "i dont understand how this tread is still up" like i did something wrong...

Maine
Bit wish wrote:
Puke_Flytalker wrote:

umm im pretty sure that "chipmusic everyone needs to have" would fit perfectly in the releases board... just saiyan

Bit wish wrote:
nitro2k01 wrote:

You guys should make a rule for this, so things like this thread don't happen again.

see what i mean.... bit wish you need to lighten up and stop being so judgmental and argumentative

New Albany Indiana
Puke_Flytalker wrote:
Bit wish wrote:

Bit wish wrote:

see what i mean.... bit wish you need to lighten up and stop being so judgmental and argumentative

Wut
Did i say something wrong?

I made valid points

If they don't make a rule then in the future another thread like this may happen, which isn't really necessary.

Last edited by Bit wish (Nov 30, 2013 8:49 pm)

Maine

not really you are just nitpicking at this point

New Albany Indiana
Puke_Flytalker wrote:

not really you are just nitpicking at this point

So are you saying im wrong?

CHIPMUSIC.ORG » FORUMS » BUGS AND REQUESTS
REMOVE USER PUKE FLYTALKER
PAGES   1
since basically your just going to close his threads hes pointless and is just taking up space please delete him

Maine
sandneil wrote:

CHIPMUSIC.ORG » FORUMS » BUGS AND REQUESTS
REMOVE USER PUKE FLYTALKER
PAGES   1
since basically your just going to close his threads hes pointless and is just taking up space please delete him

not all of my threads are junk..

New Albany Indiana

CHIP TUNE ESSENTIAL CRISIS

Unsubscribe

WHO WILL SURVIVE THE BLOODSPORTS OF TROLL ISLAND

Puke_Flytalker wrote:

the reason why im not going on /b/ or tumblr or reddit is because i dont feel like dealing with it..

not cm.o's problem then (  -_-) look, to be a constructive member of a community is to agree to abide by a certain set of guidelines put in place in order to best facilitate the goal of the community- which may mean you'll have to compromise at some point, because it is not likely you will ever find a community that perfectly fits your ideals.

Litebritedeath Land
defPREMIUM wrote:
Puke_Flytalker wrote:

the reason why im not going on /b/ or tumblr or reddit is because i dont feel like dealing with it..

not cm.o's problem then (  -_-) look, to be a constructive member of a community is to agree to abide by a certain set of guidelines put in place in order to best facilitate the goal of the community- which may mean you'll have to compromise at some point, because it is not likely you will ever find a community that perfectly fits your ideals.

This^

matt's mind

in regards to the mods not doing anything....  please no one confuse us not taking action with us not talking amongst ourselves about how to deal with issues raised on this site

reporting things encourages action

also, general discussion =/= off topic.  there isn't an 'off topic' section for a purpose

the name of this site is "Chipmusic".  that should be pretty telling about what the topic of any general discussion should concern. 

and thats pretty much it.  its getting a little ridiculous at this point, our leniency isn't an invitation to simply add more garbage to the pile.

shape up.

Maine

please add this to the rules then because i read over all of them as i joined the site and i just read over them like 3 times in this sitting and it says nothing about off topic threads in general discussion..

also please add a disclaimer that freedom of speech is not acknowledged by the site's moderators and users

Last edited by Puke_Flytalker (Nov 30, 2013 9:31 pm)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

Freedom of speech is the political right to communicate one's opinions and ideas using one's body and property to anyone who is willing to receive them.

anyone who is willing to receive them.

cmon bud you can do  better than this