Hi there. I recently ordered a nanoloop 2.7 cart from the nanoloop website with a midi adaptor. When it arrived, i messed around with it for a while and then decided to load the cart with mgb. I used terminal to send the mgb rom to the cart, but now whenever i start the gba, it just has the gba logo with no nintendo logo and nanoloop doesn't start. Does anyone have any idea what's going on here? I feel like if i can't get it to work i might have to send it back to oliver.

IL, US

think the nanoloop two carts don't have the extra rom banks like the nanoloop one carts do, so you probably flashed over the nanoloop rom... i'd try loading the demo rom on from here http://www.nanoloop.com/two/nanoloop271d.gba (demo rom should be the same as the official one, unless oliver has changed the way he does things... all the copyprotection is built into the carts themselves)..if that doesn't work, youd have to ask oliver for a solution (probably him sending you the correct rom or multiboot file to fix this)

Sweeeeeeden

The NL Two cartridge cannot run original Gameboy software. (And also probably doesn't have additional ROM space.)

e.s.c.'s advice is slightly wrong (sowwy). The demo ROM is useless for you. What you need is the update ROM. Get it here and follow the isntructions: http://www.nanoloop.de/midi/two.html
The point of note is that you need to press select+start before the logo is finished animating.  This allows a program to be downloaded into the GBA's RAM, which then updates (or in your case, overwrites the incorrect data).

word. i flashed the 2.7 update to the cart and it's working again. thanks for the help! now my question is: is there a rom that i can put onto the nanoloop 2 cart that will emulate mgb? basically, i have some chiptunes written in FL studio, and i want to use my GBA as a module controlled by the midi out of the piano roll. any way to do this without buying another flashcart?

Last edited by nicolas_caged (Jan 31, 2014 9:28 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

EMS 64M USB Cart.

for GBA? i also have an original DMG somewhere but i'd rather use the GBA

Sweeeeeeden

It works on the GBA. It's just that you can't put an old GB program on a GBA cartridge.

Italy

Of course you can also get Nanoloop One, that cart supports two additional ROMs (only 32K ones) but since you already have a Nanoloop Two cart I guess that will make little sense smile