lolusa

You'd have to do some serious torrenting/soulseeking to find that album

Who's Fighter X?

Brazil
Heosphoros wrote:

Delete your Fighter X

Bronx, NY

So, why are people making fun of these guys again? I'm not up on the latest scene memes.

New York City

spandex protrusion

big_smile

Last edited by akira^8GB (May 6, 2010 1:25 am)

DaPantz wrote:

So, why are people making fun of these guys again? I'm not up on the latest scene memes.

"I make chiptune dance music, I've accomplished almost everything I've wanted to within' the chiptune world, and I look better than the average bear. Some people really hate Fighter X because of this."

☺☺☺
PlainFlavored wrote:

the chiptune world

lol'd

Bronx, NY
PlainFlavored wrote:

"I make chiptune dance music, I've accomplished almost everything I've wanted to within' the chiptune world, and I look better than the average bear. Some people really hate Fighter X because of this."

Ah, so the idea is that most people think that they're self-congratulatory, sometimes sarcastic assholes? In other words, they're like 90% of the chip music community, except people actually want to listen to their tunes?

DaPantz wrote:
PlainFlavored wrote:

Ah, so the idea is that most people think that they're self-congratulatory, sometimes sarcastic assholes? In other words, they're like 90% of the chip music community, except people actually want to listen to their tunes?

The difference is that Nick (I'll leave Jack out of this as he is a respectable, nice fellow) takes himself seriously whereas when most other people in this scene act like assholes it's all in good fun.

A staggering majority of people that I've met on behalf of chipmusic have been kind, humble, generous individuals who can take a joke and can accept criticism without taking it personally.

Essentially, the idea is that in this life people will shit on you and you have to learn how to keep your cool without submerging yourself in a sea of butthurt.

astral cat
PlainFlavored wrote:

sea of butthurt.

heart

Chicago IL

i like nick and i like jack and i like fighter x. me and nick have been friends for probably 5 years.

i just feel like i need to get that off my chest cause i'm always getting people bringing up some fighter x hate to me.

dont do that stuff okay.

lolusa

I foresee a thread closing if trends continue captain.

Melbourne, Australia
ovenrake wrote:

You'd have to do some serious torrenting/soulseeking to find that album

I torrented it.

Camden, London

It seems as though chiptrance-unce-music is an easy target, but Fighter X do it SO god damn well.

New York City
DaPantz wrote:

most people think that they're self-congratulatory, sometimes sarcastic assholes? In other words, they're like 90% of the chip music community

I don't know what you see as "chip community", but it seems like a very, very small subset of the actual global, real life scene, to make that statement.

Unsubscribe

I think people have a grudge against tight pants.