Connecticut USA

computahhhhhh

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The song in the third video sounds like something Nullsleep would write.

jbuonacc wrote:

uhh, yeah, thanks.

you're welcome. smile

Minneapolis

Hey Misfitchris, your avatar is giving me eye-diabetes from being too sugary-cute. smile

Oh, I also forgot to mention that the SID chip in the Commodore 64 was actually designed for making music. The guy who made it even went on to start a company that made synthesizers.

That company was Ensoniq.

Rochester, NY

yep, that's pretty common knowledge.

you'll notice that i put the word 'synths' in quotes in the thread title, implying that they aren't true/typical synthesizers. as we've seen though, the guy was able to produce sounds/music with these machines beyond what they're generally known to be capable of.

thanks for your input though, if i ever come across anything else that might be of interest to the community i'll be sure to run it by you to see if it qualifies.

jbuonacc wrote:

if i ever come across anything else that might be of interest to the community i'll be sure to run it by you to see if it qualifies.

Sorry for thinking these old computers weren't that impressive for making beepy noises. I didn't mean to offend you in some way. It was just my opinion.

Oh wait, those don't matter.

Minneapolis
arlen wrote:

As a wise man once said: he who does not value opinions does not deserve to have any.

arfink wrote:
arlen wrote:

As a wise man once said: he who does not value opinions does not deserve to have any.

I forgot to put [sarcasm] [/sarcasm]. oops.

Kingston Upon Hull

I used to have the third one, the Epson. Got it for £15 from a car boot sale as an impulse but, but then couldn't do anything with it or even figure out what the hell it was for. I think I ended up donating it to a charity shop.
Then, couple of years later, I went into this little family-owned stationary shop and they were using one as the cash register, so I figured that's what it was meant to be used for.

True story.