Cleveland, OH

well, I  can't seem to  figure out how to post the pic I  took of my direct  variable clock wiring. I'll try to figure that  out  later.

however,  on following the drawing that Justin just posted, I have some change.

the easyclk  still works perfectly  as it had been.  whereas before engaging the ltc  would cause the system to freeze completely  requiring a  reboot,  now when I  engage the variable clock  the screen goes blank  but can be revived by disengaging the variable clock.  this occurs the same with the potentiometer checked across the spectrum.

Cleveland, OH

Alrighty. There must be something wrong with the VC then. Which one did you have? Are you the same person that emailed me? If so email me again and we'll get a replacement sorted out. There seems to be an issue with the previous v1 version that allowed the "C" pad to bridge with the "V" plane when too much solder was used.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Apr 10, 2014 3:14 pm)

yep,  that was me via email.  you and kitsch have been really cool about helping me out so far, I  definitely appreciate it. I am indeed using the v1,  so that may be the problem.  I'll shoot you an email.

Cleveland, OH

No problem! We(thursdaycustoms and kitsch-bent) definitely back our products 100%. If there's ever an issue we don't stop until it's right.

a cruel turn,  but all  looks to end well.

with some tips  from Justin on where to look, I tweaked,  cleaned,  and got  the vc working.  then I  made the leap to a single switch (dp3t)  and got it to work as I hoped in conjunction with easyclk!

however.

the months of wiring and rewiring,  checking ,  taking apart,  and rechecking have  caught up to my little fella.  though I  tried my level best to be careful with the ribbon connector each and  every single time, I  have found that it has given up the ghost and will not allow me to close the unit without freaking out.  it works if you leave it juuuust so,  but breath on that ribbon and it gets nasty.

so. I thank  everyone for the help. I'll be hitting ebay for  another dmg  for the transplant. maybe I'll order some glow in the dark silicone buttons in the meantime.  hopefully pictures and a video sooner than later.

Last edited by error (Apr 11, 2014 2:06 pm)

Cleveland, OH

You can replace the ribbon cable with little difficulty.

any tips on a source,  other than a  donor? I  saw an older thread where kitsch mentioned working on a replacement ribbon,  but haven't heard of anything coming of it  quite yet.

matt's mind

it'll be after april is over at least.  suffering from budget depletion atm