Nanoloop is one of the only usable music tools specifically for the GBA.  What you want can be provided by almost any tracker.  What you actually need is the skill to create it.

Beware wrote:

Nanoloop is one of the only usable music tools specifically for the GBA.  What you want can be provided by almost any tracker.  What you actually need is the skill to create it.

Well I suppose that's what I'm going to have to do then, haha

Thanks for your help, I think I'm going to pick up Nanoloop as soon as possible  ^^

Alive and well in fucksville

Fluency with the interface of trackers is quite different from musical talent. If you are in need of the ability to construct interesting melodies, you will have to do a ton of listening. I have used nanoloop 2 to explore the general essence of every scale (I have come up with 9 really catchy melodies). If you set the notes of the scale you want to get to know by ear into a phrase, you are able to set it to play a perpetual random sequence of only those notes. This way of understanding is much different  than just memorizing a scale. It seems almost impossible to get bored with it, but at the same time you have to be able to remember what exactly you just heard and write it down or record it. I am also experimenting with leaving some notes out of scales completely. I almost have to have a guitar in my hands to come up with anything musical. Chiptunes for me is the whole backup band.

Last edited by bitjacker (Apr 27, 2014 6:47 pm)

Thank you, I'll bear that in mind!