Youngstown, OH

It may very well be that someone out there would be happy to work with you. Hell, I might have if you actually asked nicely. It's a different thing to think us musicians are going to fight each other for like a third of what even a used copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl goes for.

buffalo, NY

it's 4 notes dude.  I mean I get it but it's 4 notes.

Youngstown, OH
danimal cannon wrote:

It's just that this is just very emblematic of the argument we all face while trying to legitimately pursue this. I know I don't have to tell you that though. It's hard for me to see this behavior and not feel a bit jaded.

buffalo, NY
sleepytimejesse wrote:
danimal cannon wrote:

It's just that this is just very emblematic of the argument we all face while trying to legitimately pursue this. I know I don't have to tell you that though. It's hard for me to see this behavior and not feel a bit jaded.

I charge by the minute of finished music.  Under that scale $20 is very reasonable IMO

Youngstown, OH
danimal cannon wrote:
sleepytimejesse wrote:

I charge by the minute of finished music.  Under that scale $20 is very reasonable IMO

But the contest factor man

the contest factor ;(

I'm not arguing that it isn't a fine price for a jingle, I was just suggesting to OP for something like this it would be much more becoming to research first and approach someone. Listen to some tracks, see who you like, reach out. There are plenty of able and talented dudes here. Maybe I'm old fashioned tho.

Last edited by sleepytimejesse (May 16, 2014 7:16 am)

Earth

Just find a good musician and make an offer.

PROTODOME wrote:

E G D C.

Twenty bucks please.

Pro skills

If they gave everyone 20$, that would be fine. If they asked one person to do the jingle and gave that person 20$, that would be fine too.
But waving 20$ in the air and saying "fight for it" isn't really a good way to do this.

an0va wrote:

It's not just about the length or number of notes, this is audio for branding.

i think the implied exclusive licensing that goes with creating a logo sound, allowing them to use repeatedly use it for multiple projects, is ridiculous for $20. But even then, the contest is spec-based which is a whole different kind of problem for all parties concerned, including the company

Check out these links for more information:
http://www.nospec.com/faq

http://www.nospec.com/design-contests

Last edited by an0va (May 16, 2014 5:32 pm)

I'm a musician too, i can understand what do you say.

Plus my level is not enough to create a good jingle so i created this challenge.

It's true that you can feel like i throw 20 $ at the ground to let people "fight" about it but it's not like that. I only wanted to create a simple challenge to find the best possible jingle.

I'm really surprised about all the replies about it. I normally search for collaborators so i only offer a % of the sales.

This is the first time i offered money for something and i recieved a lot of replies and entries. Not like when i ask the people to join my team.

I'm really surprised about the "power" of 20 $ ( it's a bad joke ).

So please, don't be ofended by this challenge, the first that is more surprised about it is me.

Last edited by noisechip (May 16, 2014 12:48 pm)

breakphase wrote:

Just find a good musician and make an offer.

Could also definitely do this

Noisechip, next time you should either offer a reasonable ammount of "prize money", which should be more than the actual tune is worth, or say that you need someone to do a jingle and ask them to post previous work, then choose one of them who will do the actual jingle. What you are doing right now is basically making x-1 people work for free. So think of the presentation next time, and maybe you should rethink this request as well since you are recieving negative response which might hurt your company.

It's true, there are a lot of negative responses. It doesn't mind for my indie game team reputation but i don't want to create something negative here or in another place.

So i decided to close the challenge. I'm waiting for a submission of one of the members of my team to say who is the winner.

Until now the best one of the jingles is one of an old member of my team ( so maybe post about here it wasn't necessary ).

Anyway, thanks for the two submissions placed here.

And about the comments, well, i suppose that if i has offered 100$ the half of you didn't posted something bad for this request.

Challenges are good for the creator you know, you can find the best one for what you are looking for. It's not good for the participants, true, but as i said before everyone is free to decide to participate or not.

Maybe the previous comments needed to be that way, something like... i'll participate or i don't wanna work for such small price or i'm not interested in challenges.

I think that the most of you have take this thread as something personal, something against your interest as chip music producers.

I'm also a chip music producer and from my point of view maybe i will participated in a challenge like that. But for sure i'll not posted something negative or positive about it, just think about to participate or not.

Everyone is free to decide so i understand all the previous posts.

No harm done here on the forum. I think you honestly are making the right decision if you just go directly to someone like that for this, especially if its an old associate. Don't let a couple of unexpected posts on a forum (mine included) discourage you but of course many people are going to voice their equal yet differing opinions on the topic

hey it's basically the position of musicians, authors, illustrators et al to let themselves be serially ripped off by people offering them pocket change and the promise of "promotion"

why single out this thread in particular

we watch each other get fucked over multiple times a day

Unsubscribe

There are people whove made quite a career off audio tags:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzanne_Ciani

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_Note