Alabama

I for one would be extremely interested in seeing some or any of the source code, since Gameboy homebrew games that aren't a block-stacking game as of recently are a bit uncommon. Very interested in your approach to GBDK. smile

SLC, UT

Seconded here.

Also, would love to hear from Kitsch or ASM about a run. Otherwise, would we be interested in a group order of pcbs and roms?

stargazer wrote:

Seconded here.

Also, would love to hear from Kitsch or ASM about a run. Otherwise, would we be interested in a group order of pcbs and roms?

Yep pls

SLC, UT

I'll need someone a lot more experienced than me, but it appears that this chip would be suitable: http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e … ND/1008529

They can also pre program them, so that would make selling kits even that much easier.

Sweeeeeeden

Maybe I didn't toot my own horn loudly enough. wink
My version of Flappy Bird will is soon finished. It will be awesome (at least by flappy standards) and it is planned to be released on cartridge.

SLC, UT

Oh. I didn't realize you were doing a cartridge release. This discussion is now pointless.

So stoked man! If you would like, feel free to take this thread over as yours. Or let it die....

West Yorks, UK

nitro2k01, fuck flappy bird, you have the skills to do canbalt man, so do it. please big_smile

West Yorks, UK

double ting

Last edited by Domu (Jun 10, 2014 5:19 pm)

South UK

Depending on price, I might be interested. I like random shite!

I have a design that could have 4 version in one shell. I can flash them separately but not erase individually. I should actually finish things. why do so few projects around here get finished???

Could be like flappy bird, death ray, mgb, music tech (each with it's own color led on cart!)

matt's mind
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Yes and maybe. If you got a Plastic enclosed PROM, it could be filed down to size. If you use a UV EPROM, then it really couldn't be.
If Kitsch would release the other carts I designed for him, that would be certain to fit in a shell and more easy to make, but he quit talking to me and I don't know why. sad

not at all wink  we're good

i've more or less dropped off the chip social planet for the moment, due to life stuff.  and some traveling/moving

also my PM box here is completely clogged up, and is essentially a pointless feature of this site for me.  if anyone is wondering why i haven't replied.  i don't even get new messages anymore, the ones in my box are ones I need to keep. 

my bad.  its just life though.  its a real killer atm

SLC, UT
12ianma wrote:

I have a design that could have 4 version in one shell. I can flash them separately but not erase individually. I should actually finish things. why do so few projects around here get finished???

Could be like flappy bird, death ray, mgb, music tech (each with it's own color led on cart!)

Would be cool to do a gamboy 4 pak or something, kinda like what comes on the TI calculators. Flappy Bird, and a couple other puzzle esque homebrews.

Damn this game is addictive.  I have enough on hand to make about six of these if anyone is interested.  I have to use the color shells and notch the corner to get the ROM's to fit, but I can make some if there is interest.

USA

I like what everyone is doing in this thread. Flappy bird is totally rad!

I am always excited to see new stuff for the GB.

kitsch wrote:

also my PM box here is completely clogged up, and is essentially a pointless feature of this site for me.  if anyone is wondering why i haven't replied.  i don't even get new messages anymore, the ones in my box are ones I need to keep.

Kitsch - I've been having similar problems with the PM box. I've deleted enough to get/keep it working but pretty soon I think I'm going to run out of space again then I'll have to do a serious amount of copy/pasting to keep all the important stuff. I wonder if the moderators can do something about it and maybe give senior members a little more space to work with?

Last edited by SurfaceDragon (Jun 10, 2014 10:05 pm)

Michigan
kitsch wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Yes and maybe. If you got a Plastic enclosed PROM, it could be filed down to size. If you use a UV EPROM, then it really couldn't be.
If Kitsch would release the other carts I designed for him, that would be certain to fit in a shell and more easy to make, but he quit talking to me and I don't know why. sad

not at all wink  we're good

i've more or less dropped off the chip social planet for the moment, due to life stuff.  and some traveling/moving

my bad.  its just life though.  its a real killer atm

Good to hear. I'll email you sometime and catch up. Nothing important, just catching up. tongue

matt's mind
SurfaceDragon wrote:

I like what everyone is doing in this thread. Flappy bird is totally rad!

I am always excited to see new stuff for the GB.

kitsch wrote:

Kitsch - I've been having similar problems with the PM box. I've deleted enough to get/keep it working but pretty soon I think I'm going to run out of space again then I'll have to do a serious amount of copy/pasting to keep all the important stuff. I wonder if the moderators can do something about it and maybe give senior members a little more space to work with?

as a moderator, i can assure you that we can't do a darn thing about the functionality of the site (no moderator can).  we don't have the access.  this would be up to trash80 or nitro2k01 to adjust, they are the site admins.

and, its sorely needed from the feedback i get.

maybe you all can push a little to get that sort of change to happen wink  we operate on a near-consensus basis internally, and most suggestions just die because of it, sadly.  if the guys on the top aren't on-board, it simply doesn't get done.

so, pressure them wink  this suggestion is falling on deaf ears, atm