I recently added my first backlight to a dmg. Problem is, other than me scratching the lcd badly and killing 4 (and counting apparently) horizontal lines, is that the backlight i got from kitch seems to be to thick and is pushing the screen cover out and almost popping it off. Is this normal or there thinner backlight? I have one coming from asmr that i hope will be better :-/

Michigan

Back in my day, our backlights were as thick as a child's forearm.

matt's mind

spelling = kitsch

which model did you get?  the RGBbb(va) is thicker certainly.  this is the main difference between them and the later variant b.

also may be worth noting that thinner doesn't necessarily mean better.  after a point there is a sacrifice of proper light distribution in the light guide material.  but, yeah, the RGBbb(va) type is a little thick.  then again, those were made yearssssss ago and the backlight tech has changed a bit since.

try loosening the screws which hold the case together.

CA

Are you sure your backlight and polarizing film sit properly in the white plastic surrounding? You might want to cut a hole for wires and trim the film a little bit.

Sometimes the LCD gets stuck on the edge of the white plastic border, so it won't go all the way in. Wiggle it about a little.
Also, loosen the screws a bit on the front part. It doesn't have to be fully tight.

Older backlights where even thicker then the ones we have now, but even then, stuff fitted.

If all else fails: use a hammer.

Yeah typo, sorry. I'll try figditing with it more but i think i just need to chuck the front pcb. Dead lines seem to keep appearing.

It was the orange one of these http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/4- … eld-legend