Turku, FIN

I flew to Manchester with setup like this on my luggage featuring huge amount of cords. I think that, if something can look like a bomb, but i had no problems.
Even the battery says: Oh shit, cops.
lol

Seattle, WA
KeFF wrote:

I flew to Manchester with setup like this on my luggage featuring huge amount of cords. I think that, if something can look like a bomb, but i had no problems.
lol

*pics*

You were probably fine because there's no case on it. It's pretty easy to tell if something isn't a bomb when it's clear that there are no explosives anywhere on the device.

portland

I have traveled many places with many "odd" looking electronic devices. I would not worry about anything. If they think its an actual bomb, then they are terrible at their job. Most of the people I encounter are super excited/interested once they realize it's the same stuff they used as a kid. The best is looking at the X-ray operators face when you have 15-20 GB's with crazy wires and switches and whatnot go through...gets me every time.

Sweeeeeeden
KeFF wrote:

Could that accidentally be read as something like "hey, cunt-cops" in Finnish?

Brooklyn, NY

Personally I make sure all of my electronics have "FUCK THE POLICE" laser-etched into the PCB

For real though, I never bag-check my gear when flying through American airports unless I absolutely have no other choice. I've heard too many horror stories of equipment being damaged or outright stolen by TSA agents. Better to take it through security in your carry-on if you can.

Last edited by Zen Albatross (Sep 29, 2014 3:14 am)

Turku, FIN
nitro2k01 wrote:
KeFF wrote:

Could that accidentally be read as something like "hey, cunt-cops" in Finnish?

Sorry, no sad

Holland

Never had any trouble, but we don't use a very complicated setup. Had to pull all the cables out of my bag at the handluggage check once after it went through the scan. Kind of weird as they'd probably see something bomb-like pretty fast on a scanner but I guess they just wanted to make sure.