.FILTHadelphia

- I don't like the flat notes. Keep them all sharp that's traditional for most trackers and flat notes make stuff confusing.

- Doesn't seem to play anything else other than the first line of the sequencer.

- (Redacted.)

- Notes don't cut out after pressing start again just rings out endlessly until you play the song over.

Last edited by defiantsystems (Dec 26, 2014 9:34 pm)

Detroit

Yeah I'm really not feeling the flat notes.

Unsubscribe

I cant get any sound to play in pico drive on the caanoo. Start doesnt seem to work. When I navigate i get crashes as well sometimes. +1 for ditching flat notes.

Unsubscribe

I would also suggest that by default a new instrument is set to a INIT sound that plays something, and you can tweak from there.

Jansaw had at one point made a suggestion for customizing note naming, I'll either do that or just go with all #'s in the future.

@defiantsystems, it doesn't look to me like you read the documentation that came with it. Some of the issues you pointed out are all made clear in the readme file. As for the notes ringing out, you need to max out all of the Release Rate parameters with your FM instruments.

@herr_prof, I just did a quick test on a Windows version of PicoDrive as I don't have a Caanoo. Sound works and no crashes yet. I don't know what version you're using and I'm not seeing debugging capabilities so there's little I can do. Setting stereo panning to 3 on FM instruments and setting up the envelopes is the prerequisite to getting FM instruments to play audibly. Setting up the envelopes for PSG instruments is more straightforward and is still required to get sound. Default instruments is in the plans though.

I'm looking into ways that'll make this tracker more intuitive to use. The YM2612 isn't exactly a simple sound chip.

.FILTHadelphia
CountSymphoniC wrote:

@defiantsystems, it doesn't look to me like you read the documentation that came with it. Some of the issues you pointed out are all made clear in the readme file. As for the notes ringing out, you need to max out all of the Release Rate parameters with your FM instruments. .

MISC.

PLAYBACK ONLY WORKS CORRECTLY WHEN DONE FROM THE SONG SCREEN, ANYWHERE ELSE AND IT WILL EITHER NOT PLAY
OR ONLY PLAY CHANNEL 1.

Yeap. There it is. My bad.

I understand maxing out the release will solve this issue but that's only if I'd want max release on my instruments. I just think as a feature if you hit START again it should just cut out the song or instrument completely similar to LSDJ rather than just ringing out.

I looked over the readme again and didn't see anything about the tracker only playing the first line of the sequencer. It doesn't progress when you add additional phrases to the sequencer.

Bug addressing aside the FM synthesis sounds on point. For the little time I've been using it I've been able to get close to my other FM instruments I've made. I'd probably be able to get them perfect with a little more tweaking.

Unsubscribe

Is there any gui indication that playback is working? I crash everytime i try to go into the instrument edit screen.

france

@herr_prof : try to use the dingoo or better the psp picodrive. I have no problem with those version.
Maybe the canoo version of picodrive need to be updated.

CountSymphony I've got the same feeling has some people here :
- a gui indication for the playback will be great : start/stop
- flat note is not used by LSDJ/LGPT so it's difficult to use

I had a lot of fun playing with prodigy today, it sound really great and the savestate allow me to tweak in different direction.
I'm really happy you have released it for christmas smile

Thank you !!!

That's really unusual that the sequencer isn't progressing past the first line. Perhaps it has to do with the location of the cursor when on the song screen, as Prodigy is modeled after LSDj in this regard. Playback starts on the nearest pattern equal to or greater than the cursor's vertical position. It's also possible that I changed some code right before release that messed it up, I'll have to look into it when I get time.

Gui indications of playback and which notes are playing on which channels in the Tracker Info panel are planned for a future release.

The flat note thing is really something else. The way I coded all the note handling routines is very bad and inefficient. But for me to change it to where the notes are all sharps instead of flats and sharps, means I have to change all of it. It's alot of code and will take time. I'm not really concerned with customization of note names at this point, maybe later. But yes I suppose changing all the flats to sharps will need to be done. Future release smile

@yoyz2k, I'm glad you enjoyed it. More to come in the future, and yes save states are your best bet for now. Saving and loading won't be coded for quite some time even still.

I still need to finish rounding up some bugs, and get commands working on all the channels, and PSG envelope drawing going. Then I'll add options (row count/highlighting), tempo control, and all that Tracker Info stuff... possibly some extras and bonuses before the next release.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Dec 27, 2014 1:06 am)

I'm going to have to agree on trying a different version of PicoDrive or just another emulator. Those crashes don't happen on any of the other emulators I've tried or real hardware. Sorry bout that.

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Dec 27, 2014 1:07 am)

Unsubscribe

Thanks for the tip, i found an upgraded version in the forum:

http://pdroms.de/caanoo/picodrive-v1-91 … and-caanoo

Works now!

I see most of my comments will be for stuff that is already on the todo, but ill just quietly enjoy the builds until its more usable. good work!

Last edited by herr_prof (Dec 27, 2014 1:57 am)

Solar System

Will be ProdigyTracker on cartridge?

Michigan
Matej wrote:

Will be ProdigyTracker on cartridge?

Yes.

Canada

Yes yes yes yes.
Everything is perfect, here.

>>ProdigyTracker on cartridge
any everdrive sd card filesystem support? for pcm samples and fm presets loading (tfi?) mostly, maybe song saving (not necessary if sram is used)

france

Please, please, please give me more !!!