spacetownsavior wrote:

I'm not interested in the rationale behind the opinion of someone who drops into a thread, unsolicited, to hate on something

You seem to have missed what a forum is all about. You talk about it like you have to invite me before I can make an evaluation of something someone posted.

You are a fool.

And just because someone spent some time writing about a subject does not make it immune from detraction.

If you'd like to ascribe the feeling of hate towards the comment, that's fine too, but it doesn't make you right either. I only pity, not hate, the author who feels there must be this need to come up with blatantly bullshit claims about things they can only speculate on, and treat it as the final say. Then we have a bunch of yes-men groping up to it in anticipation that the author is female and may actually give them interaction.

There are a few decent ideas on some of the music and parts of the game play have accurate functional descriptions, but then there is a whole ratcheted up load of shit that the author doesn't know anything about, for example; the limitations of scrolling diagonally on a NES (which don't exist), and other things with they made up with an obvious peppering of conjecture and animosity towards the creators of the game.

The article is shit and needs to be cleaned up.

Montreal, Canada
spacetownsavior wrote:

we don't share the same opinion, but I'm not the one who looked at something that someone obviously spent a long time writing and declared, without provocation, that it was "bullshit" and that you felt sorry for the author, but only after laughing at the article

I'm not interested in the rationale behind the opinion of someone who drops into a thread, unsolicited, to hate on something

The cognitive dissonance is strong with this one.

Chicago, IL

It was an interesting read...thats about all I can say. I did find it to be one of the darkest games on the gameboy. Sometimes I just had to stop playing it for a few days. I started to feel like I was in a dusty tunnel all the time, and then the real world was garishly bright after a few hours on the gameboy. The silence made the moments when you encounter a metroid and the music goes crazy even more intense. I mentioned some of the oddities in my article about strangest game songs ever:

https://beatscribe.wordpress.com/2013/0 … -all-time/

Earth
duo wrote:

The article is shit and needs to be cleaned up.

Maybe you should make a thoughtful critique, then. That would be a contribution.

San Diego, CA
duo wrote:

Then we have a bunch of yes-men groping up to it in anticipation that the author is female and may actually give them interaction.

*curtains*

Unsubscribe

I found it interesting, one of my fav games growing up and the only metroid I actually beat. The write up was somewhat overwritten, in a bad goth poetry kinda way but it is an unique perspective especially with regards to nurturing the metroid at the end. But yea internet 3 hours to write 2 secs to trash syndrome.

Nottingham, UK

I liked the article because sometimes people have personal experiences that make things meaningful to them.

Florida
duo wrote:

Probably one of the most bullshit extrapolated fantasies about a game I've ever read. I was laughing, and then I ended up feeling sorry for this person by the end of it.

That's kinda mean, sir. The person analyzing the game does a magnificent job of it. You'd do well to learn from it, not to laugh at it.