clovis CA
PlainFlavored wrote:

I believe there are passthrough carts that will allow you to play a Super Famicom-shaped game in an American SNES.

What's the difference between the Super Game Boy and the Super Game Boy II?

im selling these actually

there called super magic key

email me at [email protected]

just a note that might be interesting.

first of all it seems like the japanese super gameboy 2 works in a european snes without modifcation to the lock out chip (i did the mod first on a switch before trying the cart, only to find it works regardless of the switch possition)

the super gameboy 2 is based on the gameboy pocket, i have actually put the CPU from a SGB2 into a pocket to make a silent quick boot pocket.

it is possible to put a normal gameboy CPU back into a super gameboy, and then booting it using a special cart (nitro2k came up with some code which will get the super gameboy to boot with a DMG chip, then you can just switch the carts after)

not only is it possible to put a link port in a super gameboy (in fact its very easy) but you can go as far to install an arduinoboy inside one, i have done this on my super gameboy 2, and on my gamecube adapter.

lastly, a small idea. the super gameboy 2 has a small transistor which switches on an LED when you are using the link port, it might be kinda cool to have a similar transistor in a normal gameboy

San Francisco
nickmaynard wrote:

The super gamboy runs at a different speed then a gameboy. the tones are slightly higher. The tones will be out of pitch. wont they?

Unsubscribe

http://www.littlesounddj.com/lsd/latest/CHANGELOG

2004-06-06: v3.1.6 (special swedish national day sucks-release)

* adjusted pitch table for use with super game boy (no longer detuned)

2009-07-26: v3.9.e

* fix tempo and pitch for super gameboy 2. (thx michael dufault)

Last edited by herr_prof (Nov 15, 2010 6:20 pm)

wedanced wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

The super gamboy runs at a different speed then a gameboy. the tones are slightly higher. The tones will be out of pitch. wont they?

if you want you can just put a DMG crystal in the super gameboy. the super gameboy is out of pitch because it takes the 20 something Mhz crystal from the Snes and steps it down to 4. something, but it doesn't do it very well.