Virginia

My setup. No actual flash cart or DMG yet.

Unsubscribe

What do you think of that akai controller?

Virginia
herr_prof wrote:

It's pretty good. I got it because I wanted a midi controller, but hadn't used one before.
It's pretty simple and it works great with ableton.

I thought that little Akai is pretty cool because it combines those three "micro midi controllers" into one, but still being pretty small. The mini key, the mini pads, and the mini knobs. KORG had a line of them, too.

IL, US

Shame it doesn't have MIDI din for us hardware types

Unsubscribe

http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/ … host.shtml

IL, US

Fuck, thanks peter... Ordered th MIDI host, psyched to have all through extra options in my setup smile

Unsubscribe

Let me know what you think.. its price has been keeping me away from it!

IL, US

Yeah, a little steep... But at least its kenton so I can trust build quality... I'll let you know how it handles

Tokyo, Japan

Stole an idea from trash80 for the little synth rack/shelf thing. Also made a little 1U high rack shelf for my tx81z, audio and midi interface and saved a keyboard stands worth of space in the living room. Also synths are now nicely at eye height with less cable spaghetti and I don't hit my keyboard (an break it.....) when I turn round in my chair. Woo!

hardcore, Australia

So I guess we can expect heaps of new tunes now that everything is set up nicely.

Tokyo, Japan

yeah, if only there were some event which needed me to produce a shit load of tunes...

hardcore, Australia

if only.

San Francisco

xmas rolling round still working out my new setup. Its going to be... much more modern. getting some new monitors and midi controllers.

New York City
herr_prof wrote:

The pads are great, the keys lack any weight and are too few, the knobs are a bit annoying.
I bought an LPD8 instead which is like the upper half of that controller.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Dec 19, 2011 1:02 pm)

b4by f4c3

SP-404SX
Behringer Xenyx802
Random $30 Behringer Mic
Korg Mini-KP
Modded DMG ( White Biverted Backlight, RCA Pro Sound, Underclock & PS/2 Socket (done by ASM))
Skullcandy Headphones