New York City
tRasH cAn maN wrote:

@Akira: Plus they play LOUD!
I have a pair when tracking drums. Drummers tends to like them.

True, I have seen DJs put the monitor level on MAX with these on and I was wondering how fucking deaf they were, because I never been able to put them past the medium level on a decent DJ mixer's monitor level.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 21, 2010 4:03 pm)

Unsubscribe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toilville/4177112626/

PDX

@herr_prof yeah, um, pretty much let me know if you ever want to sell that HardSID smile

Unsubscribe

afaik they are still for sale!

http://www.hardsid.com/

Last edited by herr_prof (Jan 21, 2010 5:06 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Here's my "Learning Center" ...also where I do the bills etc. wink

Edinburgh, Scotland

The king of iron fist setups!

PDX
herr_prof wrote:

afaik they are still for sale!

http://www.hardsid.com/

And now one is in the mail smile

And of course now I will not be eating or driving for the next two weeks.

York, Yorkshire
8bitweapon wrote:

Believe it or not, I listen to my final mixes and masters in my jeep for every single track lol not a joke

All of the professional producers I know use their cars as an audition source during final mixdown.  I always listen to my mixdown in the car before I decide if it's good enough.  (also worth playing it mono too!)

It's amazing how different it sounds when played on the radio too, if only I could afford a broadcask compressor big_smile

MIDISPORTS ROCK!  I love my 2x2.  I'm on the hunt for another one, or a 4x4.....or a 8x8!

A 1212 too?  I used one on the Reborn track "Slug", a great bit of kit!

Last edited by BitPop (Jan 22, 2010 4:57 pm)

Earthling

This is the setup I've got at home at the mo. I'm rocking the Midines/Renoise combo

WOW MAN!

Prof,

Excuse my ignorance but there's something fruity going on with your NES there! Care to explain for the uninitiated, like me? smile

Unsubscribe

thats the XIK prosund mod. two burr brown powered preamps for pu1 and 2, and triangle noise dmc. If you you turn the 1st knob slightly yo the right you start getting luvley distortion on the circuit.

Planet Zaxxon

I use that same preamp, peter ... the dbx 386. And I ditched patch bays years ago, due to them always added noise to the signal, no matter which ones I tried. I dont mind just plugging in everything manually for each use, if it cuts down on some signal noise....

Unsubscribe

All my gbs are tracked direct through the 386. I dont see any added nosie from the patchbay.. Grounding rocks! So does not having a mess everywhere.

Planet Zaxxon

Hmmm.. nice...  oh and i use that same compressor with that preamp... ! haha

London, UK

Finally got this all set-up last night, although it's lacking a decent USB hub and a couple of audio leads.

Top row - Roland TR-707, Yamaha TQ-5 (lovely little FM synth/sound module) and a Tapco Mix100 that I'm using as a sub-mixer for all modules / drum machines.

Middle row - Macbook running Renoise, Reaktor and LGPT, Korg Kaoss KP3 and a Korg Electribe ES-1.

Bottom - Evolution MK361-c keyboard controller, Korg Nanokontrol and Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet.

On the right - Soundcraft Compact 4 mixer, with an M-Audio Transit interface on the record bus to get audio in and out of the computer. Tucked round the back is an M-Audio Uno midi interface getting MIDI from the computer to all the modules.

Not pictured: Korg Nanokey + Nanopad, Gameboys running LSDJ and NL (1.2, 1.3 and 2.3) and a PSP running LGPT.

It's taken me ages to build a rig that I can just sit down and *play*, without having to re-plug everything every time!

astral cat

very tidy! smile