Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Batsly Adams wrote:

Thanks guys, appreciate the faith.

The software/hardware is nearly done, really just holding out to release a trailer that will showcase all of the features at once. I'll be starting a new thread soon.

This news is awesome, been watching for a long time. Looking forward to it smile
Yogi

Dallas, Texas
herr_prof wrote:

Most modern midines carts use the squeedo mapper and dev cart:
http://membler-industries.com/squeedo/2 … mapper.txt

Kinda right but not quite... Most EARLY MidiNES contain Squeedo circuit boards in them, but he only was given the bare boards. He didn't use any of the Squeedo firmware or bootloader. He wrote all his own stuff for it. He later printed his own circuit boards with almost identical layout and parts list as the early revisions.

Memblers states here that he only provided him with bare boards.
Source: http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?t=780

jefftheworld wrote:

Depending on the particular chip the locking mechanism may be easy or very hard to circumvent. Some chips can be tricked with quick transient voltages to unlock but others would require decapping, a process which I'm basically going to tell you now is too dangerous to do yourself (and would cost a lot to get done semi-professionally).

The locked PIC chip inside is a PIC18F4410.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Jun 24, 2015 7:43 am)

Unsubscribe

Then there must be an earlier revision before the squeedo, because I remember when he switched over to squeedo. I sold mine a long time ago when it became clear it wasnt getting updated.

Dallas, Texas
herr_prof wrote:

Then there must be an earlier revision before the squeedo, because I remember when he switched over to squeedo. I sold mine a long time ago when it became clear it wasnt getting updated.

I think you're right. I forgot to take into consideration the versions released before 1.1.0
I should have said that most 1.1.0 carts out there are his custom printed boards. I think he only switched to squeedo at the very start of 1.1.0 and those quickly ran out.

Here is a pic of a real early version that I think you are referring to.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Jun 24, 2015 8:05 pm)