Michigan

With four encoders, one of the buttons can be to change the encoder functions and the other button can be to change arduino mode if there are many.

Australia

Maybe throw in an OLED display? In exchange of the LED's

Last edited by BennVenn (Jul 13, 2015 11:24 pm)

Michigan
BennVenn wrote:

Maybe throw in an OLED display? In exchange of the LED's

I feel like any more complexity warrants a better mcu. At which point are we creating an entirely new Interface for the gb?

NUMBSKULL

With the rate at which development talk happens would it be worth it to try and move the conversation to another channel? Gitter is an irc like web based chat system that's free to use and integrates with github well. I've created a chat room here: https://gitter.im/catskull/GB303

Last edited by catskull (Jul 13, 2015 11:49 pm)

Australia

My preference would be to build something that works for its purpose, a MIDI interface that doesn't glitch every few seconds. If we can do that with the original hardware so be it. Otherwise we should put the effort in to do this right.

Priorities would be:
1.Lowest possible latency between MIDI note being received and the GB responding
2.Reliable interface with no drop outs or re-transmit on error handshaking
3.Pots/Encoders to supplement the original GB-303 pots.

Australia

Catskull, my work gateway won't allow me access to most social areas of the internet (including your link above). Unfortunately the best time for development discussion is during my work hours...

NUMBSKULL
BennVenn wrote:

Catskull, my work gateway won't allow me access to most social areas of the internet (including your link above). Unfortunately the best time for development discussion is during my work hours...

Oh, no problem. Just thought I'd throw that in there!

Michigan

I agree with those priorities, but I would also like to prioritize aesthetics of the UI and cater to a wider audience. A wider audience would be gb303 and other applications.

Australia

Sounds good. I'll try fix the arduino code first though. I've ordered two arduino's, protoshields and other bits and pieces. Usually around 2 weeks delivery :-(

Australia

Arduino and protoboards have arrived! (well I ordered two Arduino's and only one came...)

I'll smash together an arduinoboy this weekend and chase down the MIDI bugs. Also I'll be looking into the descrepencies between the ROM and the user manual on Furrtek's site. There are a few bits that don't seem to work quite right.

I'm also thinking about adding a whole new Load/Save screen. I won't bother with any compression like LSDJ does as GB303 doesn't stream data from RAM like LSDJ does and the entire workspace on GB303 is only a few kbytes.

Hope to have some progress uploaded soon!

Very cool!

Agen, France

Hi everybody !

It's been a long time since my last visit on this site and i'm really happy to see that you've handled the GB303 problem ^^ !!

I'll have a look on the last rom version as soon as i can and i'm pretty excited to see major issues solved !
My BIG question is... does anybody can tell me if there's a way to get my hardware GB303 updated with the last version of the rom ?
Even if i have to make some soldering directly on the chip (or whatever) ?

Oh and be sure you all have my eternal love, thanx guys for you implication that's a precious thing wink

Last edited by Babel (Jul 23, 2015 12:11 pm)

Paris

Unfortunatly mate, it was redesigned in a way that is unusable with the original hardware.
Unless miracles happen, you got a useless piece of junk.
Furrtek never sent mine. I asked for a refund, no news.

Agen, France

OHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!

Does the idea of making new hardware cartridges still on the run ? a fixed rom is cool but without "hardware pots" it lost a big part of its interest in my opinion, i can't help you for the software engineering but i got skills in soldering so if someone need a soldering slave for making hardware cartridges i'm definitively your man !

Agen, France
Biere Gratuite wrote:

Unfortunatly mate, it was redesigned in a way that is unusable with the original hardware.
Unless miracles happen, you got a useless piece of junk.
Furrtek never sent mine. I asked for a refund, no news.

Useless piece of junk ?? ! NO WAY ! That's a fuckin COLLECTOR mate !! price is more expensive now, i think i'm a rich man who was ignoring himself ahah !

200$ seems to be a good price actually no ?! big_smile

Paris

Special gif for you.