Yes , give up and send your gear to me...

Taichung, Taiwan
Vaina Moinen wrote:

You can get a portable digital recorder for a hundred bucks and record direct in. It would only be one track things, but it's better than nothing. It would be even cheaper if you go used. Tascam and Zoom both make nice, cheap portable recorders.

I've been in your position before, all I had was Windows Sound Recorder and the built in mics on my laptop, not even direct in, just recording the sound of my amp in my room, it was awful. Just save up some money, and in the meantime, practice.

You can get a Zoom H1 on the cheap!

Cookeville, TN

Seconding what egr said.
I personally recommend packing your gear up for a while, even if you decide to quit right now. Just take it all and stick it in a box in the back of your closet or under your bed or somewhere you won't see it and won't think about it for a while. Forget about it.
Then, a few months from now, or a year from now, you'll come across your stuff again, and who knows, you might get back into it. And if you don't, then you can sell it.
As others have already mentioned, it's a pain in the ass to buy the stuff back if you sell it now and decide you want to try again a few months down the road.

I remember impulse purchasing a BB and EMS cartridge along with two DMGs about seven~ years ago. At the time I had no clue how to use LSDj and I thought it was way too difficult. So I stored everything within a drawer, went about the years doing other things, and I recently picked up my units and decided to give it a go.Throughout the years I was contemplating on selling my units and cartridges, but I had a feeling I was going to come back. Now I'm just writing up songs and arrangements whenever time permits.

You could set some goals/challenges for yourself and do things such as, composing a song within ten minutes, or try to emulate a certain sound that catches your interest and experiment with different tables.

Echoing what everyone else is saying, just take a break, but don't sell your gear because it'll be quite difficult to get your stuff back if you change your mind. However, if you can't get back into it after taking the time to breathe, then you could go about that decision.

no