catskull wrote:

Do you want to be able to plug in a USB MIDI device into your arduinoboy? Or you just want to be able to plug the arduinoboy into your computer and have it show up as a midi device?

Both. I want a device that allows me to connect my DMG to any other MIDI device.

Unsubscribe

The Hiduino project works by turning the EXISTING usb jack that is normally used for programing into a USB MIDI device. You should be able to get it working with the catskull project and a ftdi cable and no other parts. You are going to have to mess with some code more likely than not.

NUMBSKULL
punamenon2 wrote:
catskull wrote:

Do you want to be able to plug in a USB MIDI device into your arduinoboy? Or you just want to be able to plug the arduinoboy into your computer and have it show up as a midi device?

Both. I want a device that allows me to connect my DMG to any other MIDI device.

If you want both, then don't you need a female USB type A socket on there?

Last edited by catskull (Aug 30, 2016 6:26 pm)

catskull wrote:
punamenon2 wrote:

If you want both, then don't you need a female USB type A socket on there?

USB is USB.  It's just the shape of the jack that changes. It's easy enough to get adapters to switch between USB A, B, and Micro. Or I can just splice one type of cable to another as needed.

Unsubscribe

With a configured HIDUINDO on a uno you would have a device with

In/out DIN MIDI
USB A jack that you can hook up to a mac/pc/ios device that can be a usb host.

No splicing needed!