Melbourne

this is crazy cool; I wonder if it'd be possible at all to hack in some kind of pattern storage as well?

Amazing work!

The modification I really want to see is a version that doesn't lose tempo when you cycle between the editing screens, tho i guess that might not be possible

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Amazing work, if you make the square 0 to happen this would be absolutely incredible. big_smile

PS: The first square have HW Sweeps, this will be added too? Isn't a MUST but just asking.

Abandoned on Fire
Cementimental wrote:

Amazing work!

The modification I really want to see is a version that doesn't lose tempo when you cycle between the editing screens, tho i guess that might not be possible

Indeed. That's the thing that really trips up Trippy-H (lol see what i did there guys?).

sweden
Cementimental wrote:

Amazing work!

Forever this!

Michigan
pselodux wrote:

this is crazy cool; I wonder if it'd be possible at all to hack in some kind of pattern storage as well?

That would probably be one of the last updates I add if at all. I can imagine that being one of the most difficult.
If I had a source code, I would say no problem. Bu ti am just editing the hex file, one bit at a time. tongue

Cementimental wrote:

Amazing work!

I found what you are talking about. That is a pretty ugly side-effect of disabling interrupts, loading too much stuff and the enabling interrupts again. I can definitely look into it.

Delek wrote:

Amazing work, if you make the square 0 to happen this would be absolutely incredible. big_smile

PS: The first square have HW Sweeps, this will be added too? Isn't a MUST but just asking.

I think thats a great idea. I could replace Sweep control with the Frequency modulation. The other two channels would still have modulation.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Jan 28, 2016 8:01 pm)

Melbourne
Jazzmarazz wrote:

That would probably be one of the last updates I add if at all. I can imagine that being one of the most difficult.
If I had a source code, I would say no problem. Bu ti am just editing the hex file, one bit at a time. tongue

Yeah, understood, it's a bit of a dream big_smile great work so far though!

Michigan
pselodux wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Yeah, understood, it's a bit of a dream big_smile great work so far though!

There is so much extra space in ROM and WRAM that it would be feasible. I would just need to figure out how to intercept the button-detect routine and add a few more two-button jumps.

Australia

PM'd

Michigan

Update:
Benn and I (mostly Benn) have decided to hand-disassemble the machine code of the Gameboy Camera ROM. With this, the ROM can be rewritten and recompiled to reflect whatever changes, updates or exclusions we choose. It makes for any changes to be much more simple and to some extent, more plausible. Modifying the routines will make any releases less wasteful with resources. There is no need for a dedicated Trippy-H game to be 1MByte.

NUMBSKULL

Sweet! Open source Trippy-H. Are you posting the code anywhere?

Michigan

Not at this time. Besides, we only have a few routines reversed. I'll talk with Benn and see what he plans.
I have no issue.

NUMBSKULL

Oh, sorry I thought you meant you had already reversed the whole thing.

Michigan

No, there is a substantial amount to weed through. And yeah, the code should be available once we're finished with it.

Jazzmarazz wrote:

[
I found what you are talking about. That is a pretty ugly side-effect of disabling interrupts, loading too much stuff and the enabling interrupts again. I can definitely look into it.

Ah cool, would be amazing, good luck! smile

May i ask if you are still working on this?

I wanted to do the same a few months back but didn't get around doing it and then i saw your post. That's why i'm asking.