Michigan

Are you sure? That doesn't make sense to me:

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Hmm... the issue is the pads are under the chips... I'll see if I can find a torch / flashlight to try again...

It has a 4mb ROM(?) chip on it... I googled it... AM29F040B

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Nope... ignore my previous post... was looking at the wrong pin!!! 2 tics...

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Looks like it's on pin 20 on the other chip - KM681000CLG-7 / RLA219AC

Toronto, Canada
Pix Retro wrote:

Oops... blame the booze... although I could have been more vague!! tongue

Hope this helps?!??! Not a flash cart... I think it was one of the carts made with it on... can't find my gameboy to open it up...

I bought one of the same carts off ebay! mine was yellow though (put it in a nicer shell)
the guy said they all had the latest version....mine had the earliest version of LSDJ on it for fuck sake lol

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

lol... this guy didn't say anything about the latest version.... I just noticed there wasnt a save/load feature which is what made me check.. no idea of the version differences....

I'm just wondering what game it was so i can make more!!! big_smile there's definately a nintendo chip from somewhere in there!

Michigan
Pix Retro wrote:

lol... this guy didn't say anything about the latest version.... I just noticed there wasnt a save/load feature which is what made me check.. no idea of the version differences....

I'm just wondering what game it was so i can make more!!! big_smile there's definately a nintendo chip from somewhere in there!

Its not an official game. It is a custom made board with MBC1 mapper chips extracted from existing official carts. They may also have extracted the low power-reset chip from the same place.

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

aahhh... are these chips pretty standard across gbc carts then? or has he taken it from a normal gameboy cart?

I'm assuming there's a ram chip and a ROM chip with the MCB1A lifted from another cart? with the little ic (195126a) for the sav file maybe?

Michigan

The MBC1 and 195126a were taken from an official cart. The ROM and RAM are new.
The 195126a is to disable RAM when the power is switched off to protect saves from being corrupted.

The MBC1 and 195126a are both very common. Found both in Original GB games as well as GBC games. Typically though a GBC game will just have an MBC5 instead of the MBC1, or nothing at all.

Michigan

*double

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Mar 5, 2016 1:45 am)

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
Jazzmarazz wrote:

The MBC1 and 195126a were taken from an official cart. The ROM and RAM are new.
The 195126a is to disable RAM when the power is switched off to protect saves from being corrupted.

The MBC1 and 195126a are both very common. Found both in Original GB games as well as GBC games. Typically though a GBC game will just have an MBC5 instead of the MBC1, or nothing at all.

Cool... just need a list of games that have the chips in and have a play!!!

Jazzmarazz wrote:

*double

Umm... ?

Toronto, Canada
Pix Retro wrote:

He told me it was the latest hmm