Melbourne
oliver wrote:

i first have to find out wether the audio clicks are recognized by other devices at all. they may be too weak for volcas etc as well. "thru" would be possible but of course add latency.

yeah good point. Would it be recognised by the GBA's signal input? I've never used anything as master for nanoloop except for the monomachine running a MIDI sync pulse through a clock divider..

pselodux wrote:

Would it be recognised by the GBA's signal input?

Probably not. But to sync nanoloop - nanoloop, you can just use a link cable. For multiple devices, you'd be better of with a split cable than with a "thru" solution.

Summary of the PO sync findings:

- Audio from the Game Boy is too weak for the PO, so no sync via audio cable.
- On the other hand, pulses from the PO are too weak for the Game Boy's link port.
- The only variant that works: The Game Boy as master via link port.

Alabama

Hey Oliver, rather than trying to use audio produced by the Gameboy to trigger the clicks, why not turn the channel on the amp itself on and off while a single channel (noise at low volume?) is panned to that one side? The DMG volume pops are pretty loud and are about as close to the pop sound at bootup when the amp is switched on.

Last edited by MaxDolensky (Sep 28, 2016 1:50 pm)

Turning the amp on and off will produce clicks on both channels and it will interrupt mono's own sound, which runs through the amp, too. The clicks from turning individual channel on and off are not loud enough.

Last edited by oliver (Sep 28, 2016 2:07 pm)

Alive and well in fucksville

Oliver, I managed to get a nanovoice cart. Will that sync with mono?

Looks like Volcas don't react to audio clicks from Game Boy either.

Abandoned on Fire

Is there a version of the user manual available for us to drool on while we wait?

schedule:
1. some final tests, adjustments if necessary
2. program carts and usb-midi adaptors
3. ship preorders
4. put together manual

Last edited by oliver (Sep 28, 2016 8:17 pm)

Abandoned on Fire

Sounds good! cool

The Forest, WA

In the meantime we will work on legalization.

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

In the meantime I manage to pick up a custom cable in order to sync nl1.7 with my monotribe and it works flawless. Can't wait to jam with the tribe and the mono... smile

GLOOMS wrote:

me too.

france

@Oliver you're doing amazing work here

The Forest, WA
oliver wrote:
GLOOMS wrote:

me too.

#legalize nanoloop !

I wonder if this will work on the Super Game Boy for SNES?