how about a separate thread for these projects? you totally deserve a new demo and i want to make one, but continuous talk about software inspired by nanoloop and comparisons to the 1000st digital 303-clone are not so inspiring.

france

Sorry Oliver, I understand and I will try my best to avoid it in the future..

Lake Titicaca

@yoyz2k: I like your track, especially towards the end...yes dosbox adlib does sound nice.

@oliver: Its an interesting project. Is it more than a TB303 on a DMG? What other features will it have? It uses framerate for setting speed i guess

I was expecting news or more people being excited and i get a [nevermind...] post that compares a little fun hardware project with a vsti... I'm sorry for oliver.

Oliver, take your time! Your stuff is always quality. Quality takes time! smile

current status:
a first volume of the carts has been produced (see the images posted earlier) and i am very pleased with the quality. they sound even better than the prototype and now go into "mass" production without changes.
software will be ready soon, too.

it uses the timer as clock, running @ 4096 hz. so you have a 1/4096 sec tempo resolution. which still doesn't give you 100% accurate bpm (except for multiples of 15) but should be more than sufficient for looped samples.

Lake Titicaca

Interesting, so if this is the same as nanoloop carts for GBA (i have 2.3 and 2.7) I could use multiples of 15 for the BPM and my tempo alignment problem will be finished/gone?

Melbourne
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

Interesting, so if this is the same as nanoloop carts for GBA (i have 2.3 and 2.7) I could use multiples of 15 for the BPM and my tempo alignment problem will be finished/gone?

what are you trying to achieve? Nanoloop's tempo is slightly inaccurate, ie. I'll have to adjust BPM in Reaper to 99.783 or something if nanoloop's BPM reads 99, but then again I have to do the same with my monomachine, so..

Can you not just use either the usb-midi device, or send a sync pulse into nanoloop, or use nanoloop as the sync master? Using any hardware together without syncing (other than two copies of nanoloop on two identical game boys, but even still) seems like a nightmare to me..

If you're just sampling loops into a DAW (tbh not sure why you'd want to do this with something as dynamically controllable as nanoloop), I don't see how it's a problem to adjust the BPM slightly so the DAW fits to the game boy..

Last edited by pselodux (Jun 29, 2016 11:55 pm)

san diego

So with this new mono synth, will i be able to sync it to lsdj? If i had lsdj on one gameboy and mono synth on another gameboy connecting each other with the link ext. connector?

Yes.

Lake Titicaca

Because I use renoise and the BPM doesnt go to 3 decimal places...only 1.

If I could get it all into renoise track by track then I could use the reverse command and the offset command to chop and screw the whole thing like it was a break and place different effects and automations per nanoloop track/channel.

I cant afford some homemade midi box solely for the purpose of nanoloop usage...

I love the look of this new project, but I'm more excited by the prospect of nanoloop updating to a fully featured nanoloop for android/ios, with no BPM/speed problem, no memory/storage problem, no homemade midi box problem, no white noise/ hiss problem etc.

nanoloop always sounds so much smoother than LSDJ...its just these annoying little things about gameboys limitations / weaknesses.
Hope you understand its not trolling or attackng "chip culture", its just annoying to always be looking for workarounds to problems that keep popping up with gameboy usage.

it is, indeed.

Last edited by oliver (Jul 1, 2016 3:11 pm)

IL, US

it's close enough that you could do the math on how long the measure should be for that specific bpm and time-stretch it in software in a matter of seconds if buying a nanoloop usb midi adapter seems like too much for you.. it's really not that difficult

Melbourne
JaffaCakeMexica wrote:

I cant afford some homemade midi box solely for the purpose of nanoloop usage...

3.5mm plug -> link cable plug. Send a sync pulse from Renoise or any DAW, it shouldn't be too difficult (or expensive) to get it going. Also the official nanoloop USB MIDI adaptor thing is pretty cheap..

Sweeeeeeden
pselodux wrote:

3.5mm plug -> link cable plug. Send a sync pulse from Renoise or any DAW, it shouldn't be too difficult (or expensive) to get it going. Also the official nanoloop USB MIDI adaptor thing is pretty cheap..

Not sure the pulse would be strong enough to trigger the link port. Also, the nanoloop adpter is often (and atm) out of stock.

short loop playing some beats, with raw and filtered noises:

https://soundcloud.com/nanoloop-test/nanoloop-mono-1

the filtered, hihat-like noises are a little low just for technical reasons (envelopes don't quite work yet), they can play much louder.

Last edited by oliver (Jul 8, 2016 11:52 am)