hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 10:24 pm)

rochester, ny

i'd love to see what this is like. i just got a multi-effects guitar pedal. i can't wait to use it with my DMG.

Adelaide, Australia

I vote DIY.

Tacoma WA

i overdrive my mixer and it sounds great.  old mackies are so good for that.

Tacoma WA

also the nord is pretty good at over driving

easy patch to

hardcore, Australia

see, i have pedals and stuff.
But something internal to game boy itself would be more fun in my mind.

true story. i went to a guitar store and asked about a stereo distortion, they asked why i wanted to distort my stereo.

Last edited by godinpants (Jul 12, 2010 5:11 am)

Melbourne, Australia
freezedream wrote:

I vote DIY.

2 votes for diy

A gray world of dread

Uhm. How do you overdrive a square wave? I think at most, you can distort it (=fuzz), no?

I'd think with overdrive you would only kill what little dynamics you got on the GB, plus possibly amplify stuff like line noise. I could be wrong on that since I only have experience with software, so please correct me.

With distortion, I had to try lots of different effects to get something I like. The most satisfying result I got with a crazy distortion effect that uses a fractal algorithm, but I doubt there's a ready made hardware effect like that.

Hm, something like GB->Filter/EQ->Overdrive could work though I guess.

NorthTtrrrway
godinpants wrote:

true story. i went to a guitar store and asked about a stereo distortion, they asked why i wanted to distort my stereo.

unbelievable...hehehehe

not quite internal, but something close you can use for some brutality is the nuby (or else) amp/speakers. If you go loud, it adds a nice rust to your sound. You will need to add a line out to it though. If you decide to go a bit deeper, you will find some bent points to ruin your sound even more....did that and it's out of control, so, if you after something like this...

Unsubscribe

I kinda want to grab these:

http://www.voxamps.com/amplug/

Wellington, NZ

I use a BOSS MT-2 distortion pedal.  It sounds great.  I like the idea of built in effects though, it should work!

Sweeeeeeden

I think that particular component will sound crap with a Gameboy, since it was meant to be used with a high impedance output, like a guitar pickup. Especially since it's a passive component.