Glasgow, Scotland.
nanode wrote:

strikethrough doesnt work for some reason

You said I mod, which makes this 'even more sus'. I mod electronics following tutorials. I don't paint. Your logic baffles me.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ el ass dee j
unexpectedbowtie wrote:
nanode wrote:

strikethrough doesnt work for some reason

You said I mod, which makes this 'even more sus'. I mod electronics following tutorials. I don't paint. Your logic baffles me.

I tried to correct myself by doing a strikethrough on that, but bbcode formatting didnt work correctly I guess.

Atlanta, GA

this shit is spicy~

Ok I did some math, let's put this scam theory to the test.

Parts for a DMG like this would cost around $45 *best case* considering the price of a decent DMG, the buttons, screen protector, backlight, etc... He would have to build it first of all to take photos of it 100% working (which I can confirm it is real, as I have seen it irl and actually used the damn thing)

The breakdown of that...
- best case (from what I've seen) $20 for a good condition GB with a decent shell.
- paint (which is a lot considering the rainbow) is a good close to $60, though we'll forget that since he has a good collection of paint cans from what I've seen.
- (if he did bivert, which I'm almost positive he did) that's $4
- HHL backlight costs $13
- HHL glass screen protector is $4.50
- HHL white buttons $3

Here's the cost of a flat rate box that can ship said (or any) item to Glasglow

Let's use his usual price of $90 as an example (though he most likely charged less considering his current situation)...

Even if he didnt ship the item, he still has to pay money to ship something to you to get a tracking number for the 2nd item. So....

He's made a whopping $12, max. And let's say he did make 2? He's roughly $33 in the red. What a scam artist.

I say all of this because he can't possibly be scamming you, and if he is, then he's really bad at it and also is his first time doing it in his otherwise highly regarded 6 year career.

He's doing what he can to get it to you. I think putting himself in debt to ship 2 painted gameboys is more than enough proof that he want to maintain a good rep.

Ninten Kwon Do wrote:

this shit is spicy~

shit's so spicy it cant even touch robocopus' new album which you should totally buy

Glasgow, Scotland.
nanode wrote:

Ok I did some math, let's put this scam theory to the test.

Sigh. The logic there doesn't make any sense. If it was a scam, the item would obviously never have been real, and so the profit would be 100%. (FWIW, the one I bought wasn't biverted, as I specifically asked about that.)

Again, since you don't seem to be grasping the point: I paid for the item. It never arrived. Josh said he would look into it, and then the communication dried up. I asked multiple times for an update and got pretty much totally brushed off. Only when I replied to this topic did he respond. After that, I didn't hear anything again, and he only replied (which I did not receive for whatever reason), weeks and weeks later - when I posted here again.

After not receiving any item, no refund, and then communication drying up completely, it's perfectly valid to assume that you have been scammed.

As it stands, Josh has finally replied and provided tracking info, so again - as far as I am concerned - this matter is done with so long as the item is legit. You're not doing him any favours by dragging this topic back up over and over and drawing attention to the dispute.

Last edited by unexpectedbowtie (Jun 10, 2017 12:33 am)

unexpectedbowtie wrote:

Sigh. The logic there doesn't make any sense. If it was a scam, the item would obviously never have been real, and so the profit would be 100%.

nanode wrote:

(which I can confirm it is real, as I have seen it irl and actually used the damn thing)

that's my fucking argument, my dude

unexpectedbowtie wrote:

After not receiving any item, no refund, and then communication drying up completely, it's perfectly valid to assume that you have been scammed.

way to immediately contradict yourself, my dude.

unexpectedbowtie wrote:

After that, I didn't hear anything again, and he only replied (which I did not receive for whatever reason), weeks and weeks later - when I posted here again.

love how you ignored the last 2 pages of this thread again.

post your video when you get it, we're just running in circles at this point.

[ i n b 4    t h e    p a c k a g e    i s    e m p t y    w i t h    t w o    l a y e r s    o f    p a c k i n g    t a p e    &    a    n o t e    t h a t    s a y s    " f u c k    u " ]

Glasgow, Scotland.
nanode wrote:

No. My point, which you seem completely blind to, is that I only got a response from Josh (both the first, and second time which didn't appear in Facebook for whatever reason) 4 and 5 months after I bought the item, when I posted here. This should have been resolved way before then.

I'm not replying any longer as there is nothing else to say until the package arrives. I wish I'd never bought the stupid thing in the first place, as it's been nothing but a miserable experience trying to get this resolved.

unexpectedbowtie wrote:
nanode wrote:

No. My point, which you seem completely blind to, is that I only got a response from Josh (both the first, and second time which didn't appear in Facebook for whatever reason) 4 and 5 months after I bought the item, when I posted here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reading_(process)

Reading through all this I think Josh deserves a larger share of the blame. You can't act unprofessional after taking people's money because you have "personal issues" or whatever. Part of being professional involves being transparent and communicative with customers. The OP made it seem like Josh had a Gay Boy on hand and would be able to ship it as soon as payment was received - there's no reason it should have taken six months. If we had the original tracking number, we could prove Josh sent it earlier but we only have the second one to go by right now.

The weird tangent of linking to some charity LGBT pins (to try and prove... what?) was also super odd for me. Nanode is trying too hard here for some weird reason. We get it, you think bowtie is gonna post pics of "an empty box and a fuck you note." You don't need to post that 12 times lol.

Fwiw if this all turns out fine and it really was some kind of months-long communication mishap, I might be down to buy a Gay Boy myself if there's any left.

Abandoned on Fire
Andrex wrote:

Reading through all this I think Josh deserves a larger share of the blame. You can't act unprofessional after taking people's money because you have "personal issues" or whatever. Part of being professional involves being transparent and communicative with customers. The OP made it seem like Josh had a Gay Boy on hand and would be able to ship it as soon as payment was received - there's no reason it should have taken six months. If we had the original tracking number, we could prove Josh sent it earlier but we only have the second one to go by right now.

The weird tangent of linking to some charity LGBT pins (to try and prove... what?) was also super odd for me. Nanode is trying too hard here for some weird reason. We get it, you think bowtie is gonna post pics of "an empty box and a fuck you note." You don't need to post that 12 times lol.

Fwiw if this all turns out fine and it really was some kind of months-long communication mishap, I might be down to buy a Gay Boy myself if there's any left.

I don't plan on responding to this thread any further but I want to emphasize again that this is not an isolated event. I've had the same experience. I paid in May of 2016, over a year ago. Just for the record.

Andrex wrote:

He did ship it out. The first time it was shipped almost immediately, USPS shipped it back to Josh because of an impropper/misspelled address (I forget exactly what the problem was, but it had something to do with the address not being correct), the second time it got lost in the mail. That's what took up most of the 5 months (you'll have to take my word for it unfortunately). The last 2 months have been hard for him to even really get online (I don't feel like discussing why publicly without his concent is right, hence why I'm refraining from doing so). Yes that hiatus seems a bit unprofessional but there's a lot behind what happened.

I'm not trying hard. I find this whole LGBT pin thing *really* fishy, especially with it looking so much like the original item and barely less than 10% of the funds going to charity.

The thing I find the most insane is the messages. Like, how is nobody else seeing that? The only way I can possibly see this kind of dissonance in messenger is if one person deleted messages the other person sent and took a screenshot. He's clearly trying to do *something* to make him look bad.

egr wrote:

I don't plan on responding to this thread any further but I want to emphasize again that this is not an isolated event. I've had the same experience. I paid in May of 2016, over a year ago. Just for the record.

did the pm not go through?

Glasgow, Scotland.
nanode wrote:

He's clearly trying to do *something* to make him look bad.

Nope. I just want the item I paid for back in December 2016.

Abandoned on Fire
egr wrote:

nanode wrote:

I don't have any PMs from you.

egr wrote:
egr wrote:

nanode wrote:

I don't have any PMs from you.

I'll send over fb

IL, US

since this is now just turning into lots of bickering, i'm going to temporarily close it. unexpectedbowtie: send me a PM when you receive the item (or if a significant amount of time passes with still no sign of it) and i'll re-open the thread.