Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Hi guys.... I know it's unlikely but does anyone have a schematic or pictures of the pcb for the ZX spectrum Cheetah Midi interface??

It was an interface that plugged in the back like the joystick not the one that plugs into the phone sockety thing in the +2 onwards...

I've not seen one for sale anywhere and I want to at least build one!!

Thanks for any help in advance!

Hi,
I have a Cheetah midi interface.

I can take some pictures of both sides of the circuit board, if you still need.  I will be selling soon on ebay, along with the rest of my Retro collection, so you better get back to me soon if you still need pics.

I also have The complete Music System by EMR with Midi interface and manual and software!
Regards
Peter

IL, US

you should probably just take the pics for everyone's benefit regardless of OP's response, especially since they might not respond any time soon since this thread is 9 months old

Nomad's Land

Oh yeah, I'd be interested in those pictures as well. Everybody keeps saying the Cheetah sucks, but well... there's no way of knowing of knowing for sure except trying to use one, eh?

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

dammit! I just saw the mail in my spam!!

PICS PLEASE!!!!
also did you sell it yet?

Thanks!

(sorry not been on in a while!)

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

Been rubbish!!

Peter Casey had a different midi device which I bought by chance off ebay... And the loverly chap has sent me pics of the cheetah board!! It's also going on ebay soon... Apparently he has loads of goodies... Pics to follow... As well as a link to his ebay!!

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

https://imgur.com/a/VwymnBT

Last edited by Pix Retro (May 31, 2018 10:45 am)

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

https://imgur.com/a/QU5WqPj

West Yorks, UK

I have the (flare?) midi music machine if anyone is interested in buying it or the internals... great little sampler / midi interface!

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

I'm tempted... how much are you looking for it? might have to wait till i can afford it! big_smile:D

Nomad's Land

Thanks for the pix, Pix Retro!

Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK

No worries... Gonna have a go at making some schematics for it soon... If you're gonna do the same thing we can compare notes!! Forgot to add that the orange caps are 104's