Minneapolis

Hey guys. I give no excuses, my bad on this. sad I've been trying to piece my life back together after some tough shit been going down for me, and I let this one slip. If you want a refund you shall have it. I do not know when I will have these sent out. Maybe if I just tried to knock them out one at a time and send them out I could keep myself motivated and get it done. It just seems like when I try to work on them as a whole I get overwhelmed and run out of time, and it sits until the next time I get a chance to work on something.

If I can't have one for you at the end of the week I'll give you your money back Nick. If anybody else wants a refund you let me know.

HOWEVER- despite sounding extremely depressed in this post, I would love to make a few more of these. I'm just going to have to try not to over-reach and promise more than I can give, and just do it one piece of hardware at a time.

Oakland, CA

Im still willing to wait for my beta cart ^_^b Life is what happens around our plans. There are other ways to get the music out of my head. In the end I waited 4 years for Wayfar to send me my MidiNES, and you guys have been WAAAYYY more communicable.

Last edited by lotekindustries (Oct 12, 2011 5:47 pm)

USA

Keeping your life together is important.

If you don't keep it together you may never finish this project and that would seriously be depressing. ^_^

Just keep at it and take all the time you need.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Sending only good energy to you man!

if you find the time to make this hardware do it, if  you don't please don't do it. Your health is first.

Minneapolis

Thanks for the kind words. Again, if anyone desires a refund please let me know ASAP.

Also, would any of the beta members be horribly insulted if I decided to release the Munchausen cartridge information and software before everyone got their cartridges?

USA

Its your project, do whatever you want with it.

I would love to read over the Munchausen cartridge information.

And It would be a shame if the Munchausen cartridge information and software got lost in the abyss, I would release it into the wild and hope that it finds a good home.

matt's mind

if you need a place to host the files in a more permanent basis, let me know.  would be a cinch.

i'm not opposed to this, as one of the beta people.  release it wink

Minneapolis

I'll contact you soon Kitsch. That'd be very kind of you. While I'm working on Nick's cart this weekend I'm going to try and make a couple videos showing how to do it.

Also, since I haven't told many/any people this yet, because of the nature of this design it will probably never be feasible or affordable to mass produce, only to hand-build. This makes releasing the build information even more critical.

Minneapolis

OK, got Nick's cart done. Today I'm going to try and get the guts for the cable packaged in such a way that it doesn't looks completely fugly. smile Or at least can take some abuse. Those DB9 shells are alot smaller inside than you'd suspect- and I suspected they'd be pretty small.

Also, I am seeking someone who's a relatively skilled Windows developer who'd be willing to attempt porting the PC side code. On Mac OSX this should just compile as it does on Linux, since it basically has no dependencies, or so I'm told. Blargg ran this on a Mac. I have no idea if this stuff will work in Windows or how. Maybe Cygwin? I have no clue. If you know something about this, please PM me.

this isnt time sensitive, but I would also like to have one of these carts to experiment on.  I think the concept that you are going with is amazing, and the possibilities really are endless.  Please let me know if this is feasible.  thanks.

rochester, ny
arfink wrote:

OK, got Nick's cart done. Today I'm going to try and get the guts for the cable packaged in such a way that it doesn't looks completely fugly. smile

so whats up? over a month later.

matt's mind
nickmaynard wrote:
arfink wrote:

OK, got Nick's cart done. Today I'm going to try and get the guts for the cable packaged in such a way that it doesn't looks completely fugly. smile

i was just wondering the other day if you'd gotten it...  i was curious about your thoughts.

hmm

rochester, ny
kitsch wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

i was just wondering the other day if you'd gotten it...  i was curious about your thoughts.

hmm

nope, not yet.

arfink, no hard feelings at all but i'd like my money back.

nickmaynard wrote:
kitsch wrote:

hmm

nope, not yet.

If arfink can't refund you, I'd happily send money your way for the cart. smile

matt's mind
Apeshit wrote:

atm, you'd be paying for his spot in the waiting line, which is I guess first-place based on arfink's posts.  no cart has materialized from the beta batch as far as I know...

rochester, ny
Apeshit wrote:
nickmaynard wrote:

nope, not yet.

let's see what arfink says first.