Montreal, Quebec

I have some old 32M GB SMART carts I got from EMS around 2006. The Altane description says that all EMS carts are compatible. All 3 of my carts give the same reading when detected in the Altane software.

Cartridge type:  06 (Flashcart (VIN))
Manufacturer id: 89 (Intel)
Device id:       89 (Unknown, 0 B)
Lock info:       14
Reserved byte:   00
**ROM header info
The logo is correct.
Title: "LSDJ"

But when I try to flash a ROM to it it says

**The ROM file doesn't fit the flash on the cartridge. ROM file size: 1 MiB Flash memory size: 0 B

I've tried changing settings manually, I thought maybe it wanted to know the number on the ROM chip (E28F320J5) but it either errors or says there's 0 B on the chip.

Are these totally incompatible?

NUMBSKULL

I'll try it out on mine and let you know. Worst case scenario you could mail it to me and I'll flash it with my joey for you.

nitro is on it. Thanks for the report!

Sweeeeeeden

Roni, I've replied to your PM.

Montreal, Quebec

Thanks, Nitro2k01! it works! I was really worried that the ROM chips were dead or required something that the Altane didn't have. time to stop panicking now and start wrapping my head around LSDJ 5.x.

Last edited by Roni (Nov 4, 2017 6:27 pm)

Montreal, Quebec

although you might want to include a link in the initial message in Altane software saying where to go to report problems.

Montreal, Quebec

But wow thank you so much. Amazing job. I did not expect that issue to be resolved that fast.

san diego

Hello I am having trouble with Altane working on my MacOS with High Sierra.

The program opens up but Altane does not recognize my EMS cartridge. I press detect cartridge and I get this message:

No cartridge inserted?

I then have to mess with the cartridge type and all that stuff but it seems to not dump the rom and save the Sram correctly.