rochester, ny

any chance we'd be able to choose the backgrounds we'd glitch up, like gallerynes?

GNV / FL / USA

Thanks for the kind words, dudes!

As of 3:57pm:

There have been quite a few updates, including:
- multiple banks of CHR
- the ability to load multiple screens of whatever you want, like galleryNES
- speed control of scrolling / glitching
- scrolling and "glitching" toggle - no need to hold down buttons
- load new screens / banks independently of each other (as seen in the last few seconds of video)
- tap tempo for control of effects

More to come:
- new random tile writing routines
- toggle mirroring for more fucked up effects
- flash colors

Release info:
I expect to have it all done, commented, cleaned up, and readme'ed this weekend. Batsly Adams and I will wrap up work on an PC / OSX control suite for glitchNES thru the Arduino, and release all this shit early next week at one time for maximum enjoyment.

More on the cartridge hardware / mapper / tech requirements soon. I'm trying to make this as exciting as possible on the simplest hardware possible, so it works well for everyone.

Don't forget, glitchNES 0.2 is a product of 8bitpeoples Research & Development

Minneapolis

This is kinda exciting. Also, it's slightly gratifying to me that this software really will require the user to stop emulating and start using real hardware. My guess is, based on what you have said here and elsewhere, I already have the hardware I need minus the arduino. You make it sound like you haven't settled on a mapper... I hardly believe that. tongue

Lastly, will there be Linux control software? Even in binary form? I can understand if the source is not with you, but if you have OSX support there is no excuse for not having Linux support.

GNV / FL / USA
arfink wrote:

You make it sound like you haven't settled on a mapper... I hardly believe that. tongue

Well it's MMC3 in the demo, for no better reason than I like the way the bankswitching works. However, I am trying to make it work on MMC1 just for you. Hope you feel special.

arfink wrote:

Lastly, will there be Linux control software? Even in binary form? I can understand if the source is not with you, but if you have OSX support there is no excuse for not having Linux support.

Yes, Linux, too.

All of the control software will be source + binary across all platforms.

rochester, ny

wow, i can't wait. this looks awesome. what convenient timing for my band to have just gotten a hold of a projector too.

Minneapolis
NO CARRIER wrote:
arfink wrote:

You make it sound like you haven't settled on a mapper... I hardly believe that. tongue

Well it's MMC3 in the demo, for no better reason than I like the way the bankswitching works. However, I am trying to make it work on MMC1 just for you. Hope you feel special.

arfink wrote:

Yes, Linux, too.

All of the control software will be source + binary across all platforms.

YOU.
ARE.
THE.
MAN.
PERIOD.

Philadelph-ohsh**takecover!!!

EXCUSE I!!!!!!!

Minneapolis
theDutchess wrote:

EXCUSE I!!!!!!!

WHAT I DON"T EVEN

Philadelphia, PA

Spectabulous.

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs

(Y)

New York, New York

DRAGON LOVE.

I can't believe I didn't drop by this thread already. T.=.T <-- dragon cries

thieveland ohio

dope dope dope

Anaheim, California

wow this new version looks so amazing, super excited for the release!

killadelphia

$$ nice upgrade $$

no carrier's hair is a portal through which energy drinks are converted into assembly code useful for other people whom do not necessarily care about other things not pertaining to chips and their musical slash visual byproducts.

philly

loox xool... cool i mean - the music is so weird man... how'd you get the nes to do that? wink

GNV / FL / USA

glitchNES 0.2 is out - let's take this party over here:

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/2080/glitchnes-02/