Brooklyn NY US

comics

nɐ˙ɯoɔ˙ʎǝupʎs
Bit Shifter wrote:

comics

Really? I wouldn't have picked that.
Does that mean you collect, or just read?

Cambridge UK

Semi-retro computing + unix-likes : Dell 133 lappy running on FreeBSD, clamshell iBook running on Debian, and an iLamp (G4 iMac) that I wanna dualboot OS X / Fedora. Why? BECAUSE.

I'm not a fan of video games in general, but I could play Soul Calibur II and/or Bushido Blade I or II 24/7.

Doctor Who obsessed.

And finally, I don't know if it counts as "nerdy", but I own 15+ different red lipsticks. And I definitely need more. Can never get enough.

EDIT :
Oh and I use to play in a Cyberpunk LARP.
I've read the whole (original) Dune Saga at least 5 times.

Last edited by George (Aug 6, 2010 5:08 am)

Melbourne, Australia
low-gain wrote:
celsius wrote:

Vintage tin toys.

Think this :

If you're serious about this.. thats fucking awesome and i feel like i know you better. heart

No joke. Tin toys are srs bzns in my family. Most live in storage though sad

Tacoma WA
George wrote:

Semi-retro computing + unix-likes : Dell 133 lappy running on FreeBSD, clamshell iBook running on Debian, and an iLamp (G4 iMac) that I wanna dualboot OS X / Fedora. Why? BECAUSE.

I'm not a fan of video games in general, but I could play Soul Calibur II and/or Bushido Blade I or II 24/7.

Doctor Who obsessed.

And finally, I don't know if it counts as "nerdy", but I own 15+ different red lipsticks. And I definitely need more. Can never get enough.

EDIT :
Oh and I use to play in a Cyberpunk LARP.
I've read the whole (original) Dune Saga at least 5 times.

frank herbert is so good but damn his shit gets out there by the end of the series.

greensalves is awesome but got crappy when turned into a full length book.  his eco sci fi is awesome as well, weird but awesome.

Melbourne, Australia

Most of this I didn't know about pinball.

11 Things You Didn't Know About Pinball

Seattle, WA

Dammit Logan I have the same car as you, seeing that photo made me check craigslist and now I want to save up for a pinball machine...

I read lots and lots of comics, just not into the superhero stuff so much. I got a wallfull of old soda bottles, from 50s DAD'S cans to pepsi blue. I'm a big jazz nerd too...

Last edited by Flit (Aug 6, 2010 6:01 am)

uhajdafdfdfa

Um I like Linux and cats and riding a bicycle and chatting on IRC/IM and working at a museum.

NYC

Definitely Giant Robots. Everything about them.

Sweeeeeeden
celsius wrote:

Man, I love used to love Addams Family! Where are all the pinball machines now? sad

Melbourne, Australia
nitro2k01 wrote:
celsius wrote:

Man, I love used to love Addams Family! Where are all the pinball machines now? sad

At Logan's house.

I'm an intern at FreeGeek. Basically, we accept donations of computer hardware/various gadgets, test to see if they work, and either recycle it or give/sell it back to the community. We also install Ubuntu on the computers we build, and teach people who are receiving these machines how to use it. I'm in Advanced Testing, so I'm responsible for making sure that everything we get runs perfectly. Sometimes while I'm working I like to code little programs in C++ or bash and leave them on testing machines as surprises.

I'm also a Thespian, a nihilist, a metal snob, the winner of many high school poetry slams, and a cartoonist.

I read a lot of books too.

England

pokémon wink

London, UK

Enjoying the Dr Who love in this thread. I'm also a devotee. Themed compilation idea? wink

Alongside electronic music, I'm into my cult movie and TV, especially horror. Romero's Dawn of the Dead is the greatest film ever made IMHO. Any other chippers going to Frightfest in London this month? smile

Turku, FIN

Star Wars and videogames

York, Yorkshire

Music really is my main thing, if I'm not writing or performing my own music, I'm recording/producing for other artists, or helping out with live sound at local events.

My other hobby used to be tinkering with JDM cars, but I had to sell my baby because of my job sad

I also used to print t-shirts, but don't have the time for it now. Music really is my love.

I dabble in electronics too : I built a SammichSID and am building a couple of Tube Screamer clone pedals next.

When I'm not doing that, I do a bit of photography as you can probably tell from all the pics, nature walking, mountain biking ....

And for some reason, I'm always really tired ....

Last edited by BitPop (Aug 6, 2010 9:27 am)