South Dakota
low-gain wrote:
ovenrake wrote:

EHOUSE SHOW IS FINE/PROBABLY BETTER

\

FYI.. Houseshow's in the midwest aren't probably like the ones where you are at.. Cops actually show up to the parties and break them up here if someone calls the cops on noise issues...

Been to plenty house parties that dont get broken up... been to quite a few house shows where cops show up... If you can .. stick to legit venues.

I wonder if First Avenue would ever let chiptuners in?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i'd be happy with 7th street entry

Chicago, IL USA

If we're all about this wanna set a time?

IL, US

3pm-ish sound good?
i guess anyone who wants to come should PM me for the address and my phone number

IL, US

i think we may have lucked out, no sign of this block party smile...maybe they cancelled since theres a chance for thunderstorms today

Chicago, IL USA

Whooo hoo!

lolusa
facundo wrote:

really though, if anyone can physically walk into a bar and ask if 9/1 is available for some touring acts.. that would be awesome. i've sent out a few emails to what i found to be punk bars, but haven't heard back yet. also, i doubt any dive type place would have a legit website anyway.. so 1st hand communication would be awesome. you'd be surprised how far just whipping out a gameboy at a bar gets you. it got me a pretty rad venue in brooklyn where we had plenty of good times. just sayin'

IL, US

facundo & ovenrake: not going to be able to make it over there in person (still limping a bit and kinda sick), but bud melvin was saying this place used to be a dive bar that let people do just about anything they want, and this page has the phone number on it http://www.centerstagechicago.com/music/clubs/Phyl.html

Gurnee, IL

Whenever and wherever you guys make this happen, I'll be there.

IL, US
Homplok wrote:

well, a handful of us got together at my place yesterday..probably should/will make it a semi-regular thing (though not always at my place)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA
e.s.c. wrote:
Homplok wrote:

well, a handful of us got together at my place yesterday..probably should/will make it a semi-regular thing (though not always at my place)

Awesome!!
Please keep me in the loop!

IL, US

hopefully, at some point we can convince/sucker a venue into working with us hahaha... smile
until then, at least we can hang out, talk about what we're working on or help each other trouble-shoot

Chicago IL

kevin i've been dicking around all day with that photon + instajungle.

IL, US

nice!

Chicago, IL USA

Sorry to have to dip out so suddenly yesterday, had a pretty big family crisis. Was really awesome to meet you all. We'll have to do it again soon.

Chicago IL

don't even worry about it man we'll do it again sometime. i say next time we meet somewhere we can't play videogames.