California

i have been waiting for this one.

Cambridge, MA

Started something. May or may not finish it in time though. =P

A gray world of dread

Sent my track. smile

Minneapolis

Got tracks from uB and 8bitweapon now. Might be curating some tracks into the compo as well, some courtesy of Trash 80.

EDIT: doh. Trash80 already submitted that track to the compo, so I guess I don't need to curate it in. OK, so I got 1 from uB, 1 from 8bitweapon, and 1 from Trash80. And I need to clean my inbox out so it won't overflow again. tongue

uB, is it OK if I use your other jobim-esque song too? That's also just about perfect for this compo.

Last edited by arfink (Oct 18, 2010 3:35 pm)

Minneapolis

Oh, and for people wondering about the compo- this is not a Bossa Nova compo. smile It's elevator music. IE, keep the drums subdued, keep the beat from getting too exciting, we don't want people dancing inside the elevator. Just the sort of soothing tunes you need to keep people from going crazy in a crowded elevator. The bossa nova/jazz elevator music is a common cliche because it works really well there. Keep it up everybody!

EDIT: and if you mix it so it sounds like it's coming out of a crappy ceiling speaker, so much the better.

Last edited by arfink (Oct 18, 2010 4:06 pm)

A gray world of dread

You can use the other track as well of course, but it's a straight cover of Triste- if you're ok with that, it's fine with me. Are the drums too pushy in my original track? I can put some grease on and mix it to the sound of a 1-inch speaker if you like wink

Minneapolis

Your call uB.

Brunswick, GA USA

I will either be completely or nearly finished tonight, I just need to add expressives and mix down.

Ontario, Canada

Hello, you're more than welcome to put my track on this compilation if you want to, wish I could do something new for it instead, but I don't really have the time right now.

Brunswick, GA USA

sent

New York City

Why does this refer to Mario too?
*insert saddest face you can imagine here*

Last edited by akira^8GB (Oct 19, 2010 10:41 pm)

VA

Sent a link to another song.  See if you like it more (or see if it fits better).  You can use either one!  You may also use both of course...

Sounds awesome!  I may have time this weekend to make a track smile

Anahiem, CA

Alright, guess I gotta get to work!

Minneapolis
akira^8GB wrote:

Why does this refer to Mario too?
*insert saddest face you can imagine here*

I'm very sorry if you don't like the title. It has nothing to do with mario, which is why it's supposedly funny.
*insert big cheesy inside-joke face here*

Submission sent.