Scotland

"Is it like Guitar Hero?"
"Er. It's a bit more complicated than that."

Los Angeles

Would it be more accurate to say you are a chip musiciain. Then say what genre you you dabble in?

Scotland

I'd say so. The same way you'd say "I'm a guitarist, I play folk music", I feel.

Tokyo, Japan
Edward Shallow wrote:

I'd say so. The same way you'd say "I'm a guitarist, I play folk music", I feel.

Major difference being the majority of the population have a reasonable idea what a guitar is and vague handle on "folk" ask 100 people what these terms mean and the answers will probably be fairly similar. Chip musicand it's technology isn't part of the wider social conciousness yet.

When answering the question "what do you do?" you can give people an answer they understand or open a can or worms. I mean chip musicians can't even really agree what chip music is.

))<>((
Rei Yano wrote:

"I make electronic music."

Generally what I say to older folks. To my friends, I'll tell them I make music with a GameBoy.

California
tacticalbread wrote:
Rei Yano wrote:

"I make electronic music."

Generally what I say to older folks. To my friends, I'll tell them I make music with a GameBoy.

yeah if I know that the person would be able to understand and appreciate it then I may say that too but more often than not they are douchebags that think it is humorous or stupid. they don't say that but you can tell from their shift in tone from that point on.

LONDON

i get bullied at school for making chiptune.

Edmonton, Canada

i never get asked that question sad

Wheeling, WV

I'm a performer. I just leave it at that.

California
syntheticaesthetics wrote:

karate chop em'

LONDON
Rei Yano wrote:

karate chop em'

they bullied me into making dubstep/house/rave

sad

i'll still secretly make chiptune big_smile

California
Rei Yano wrote:

karate chop em'

sad

i'll still secretly make chiptune big_smile

you really need to learn how to karate chop. It will solve many of your problems.

LONDON
Rei Yano wrote:

:(

i'll still secretly make chiptune :D

you really need to learn how to karate chop. It will solve many of your problems.

lol... not a violent person :D

California
Rei Yano wrote:

lol... not a violent person big_smile

*shakes head*

Last edited by IAYD (Feb 21, 2017 6:48 am)

astral cat
Rei Yano wrote:

lol... not a violent person big_smile

Don't be a pussy just stab them to death and then drink their blood in front of everyone. They won't fuck with you after that.