Live feed from CDK's basement:

They're not locked in; he's locked out.

Last edited by Awol (Oct 3, 2010 8:40 pm)

Liverpool, UK

I trap Syphus in my basement for five fucking minutes, then this happens >: (

Newcastle, UK

Thanks for the kind words, chaps. Progress is steady but slow - I've got approximately eighteen godzillion other things on and having time to work on the Syphus release is a rare treat. The EBM band I'm in has some big gigs and possibly touring coming up, and we're frantically rewriting 8 years' worth of stuff for that. Not to mention depping, gigging and playing on other people's records - all of which pay and are my only source of income at the minute wink

Anyway, I think this album will be called Arquebus and the plan is to have a limited-run physical release, a cheap or donationware digital release and an accompanying module-format musicdisk release. The musicdisk won't feature all the tunes and will be EP-sized...but people will be able to run it in the browser and enjoy all its visuals and easter eggs. Just as soon as I've coded some visuals and easter eggs...

Anyway, enough blab; it ain't real until it's released, so there's no point in musing on about it. I'll put out a few preview tracks when I get around to it (and when I have something good enough to distribute) and make the obligatory song and dance on twitter, Bitfellas, TCTD, pouet, etc.

))<>((
Feryl wrote:

I ask you, is anyone else in the chiptune scene playing the violin along with his music? smile

I was actually thinking about picking the violin back up for exactly this purpose.

@tacticalbread

DO IT!

Whitley Bay, England

It was absolutely insane at The Chip Sessions when Syphus got out his violin. Holy fuck that was a good performance haha.
Play some more gigs in town man! Preferrably not in bars so I don't have to pretend I'm like 5 years older than I am this time tongue Bloody "Think 21" policy...

Last edited by TraceKaiser (Oct 8, 2010 11:30 pm)

Newcastle, Britian

Like TraceKaiser I was also there smile But im younger than him and therefore slightly more scared of drunken murderes who own storeage in birmingham.