Madison, Alabama

Hey guys! I just released my first EP since 2017. Feels sort of weird. Good, but weird.

Just some fun LSDJ stuff--comes with the .sav file like in olden times haha.

https://roboctopus.bandcamp.com/album/summerfade

Czech Republic

Hmm. Did you record LSDJclock to channel 4 to sync your patterns?

Madison, Alabama
ryba wrote:

Hmm. Did you record LSDJclock to channel 4 to sync your patterns?

Not sure what you mean. I just recorded the output of the DMG, all 4 channels together as a single recording.

Czech Republic

Oh. I thought you've made multitrack recording (4 tracks on DMG to 2 stereo channels + some other tracks (one or two) after in sync with first take).
It sounds quite rich, so I thought there are more than only 4 channels used wink

Madison, Alabama
ryba wrote:

Oh. I thought you've made multitrack recording (4 tracks on DMG to 2 stereo channels + some other tracks (one or two) after in sync with first take).
It sounds quite rich, so I thought there are more than only 4 channels used wink

Ah, I see!

No, just one DMG recorded straight. I did record it to tape for some natural tape compression, but it's just just coming straight off the DMG. The download comes with the .sav files so you can check out the programming. smile

The legendary GameBoy maestro returns - thanks for the new tunes!

Madison, Alabama
Feryl wrote:

The legendary GameBoy maestro returns - thanks for the new tunes!

Hey Feryl! Thanks!

It feels good to be chippin' again. And tbh, I posted here just because all of my releases have been posted here and it felt like tradition. It's kind of like posting in a ghost town, but it's cool to see a few folks still cruise this place. smile

Last edited by roboctopus (Aug 28, 2024 6:13 pm)

Earth

Good album! Enjoying it. Yeah post stuff here, there’s quite a few of us lurking around.

Posting again to compliment your Jelly EP from several years ago, because you cooked on that one too

Madison, Alabama
Feryl wrote:

Posting again to compliment your Jelly EP from several years ago, because you cooked on that one too

Thanks! ^_^

But "several years ago" is a decade now! o_O  That's like an eon in chiptune years tongue

Oh wow, you're right... I was thinking it came out in 2020 lol. 10 years ago, so a year before I graduated college!

Last edited by Feryl (Sep 4, 2024 3:21 pm)

Fantastic! Glad to see you still bangin out the tunage! big_smile

Fantastic! Glad to see you still bangin out the tunage! big_smile

Madison, Alabama

Thanks! Something something true chip till death tongue