Westfield, NJ

My wife would just tell them I make electronic house dance music. She wouldn't mention the part about gameboys.

melbourne, australia

haha. who cares?

melbourne, australia
pixls wrote:

aww that's cute!
my mom bought mine for me
my girlfriend tells me "if you ever start performing live i will be so embarrassed, proud, but embarrassed"

wtf? dump her.

Philly, PA, USA
ninjaspew wrote:
pixls wrote:

aww that's cute!
my mom bought mine for me
my girlfriend tells me "if you ever start performing live i will be so embarrassed, proud, but embarrassed"

wtf? dump her.

uh...

Edmonton, Canada
xero wrote:

my wife simply refers to it as "madness"
lulz...

Does she also refer to it as the heavy heavy monster sound? big_smile

hardcore, Australia

And now i need to get home to chuck that album on.

and my girlfriend would probably say my music is "tru punx". or that i write songs about children.

Last edited by godinpants (Jan 25, 2011 4:58 am)

TSSBAY01

my girlfriend is way cooler than me

she has songs on ocr and shit

Whitley Bay, England

My girlfriend actually loved chipmusic before we were together, so the fact I make it is cool to her, and she describes it just as "chiptune" or "chipmusic".

My mam, on the other hand, gives the description "He takes apart gameboys and stuff and plugs them into old Amiga computers and turns them into synthesizers" ._.;

PDX, PDX

My wife doesn't give two flying fucks about chipmusic but shes more than ready to tell her friends "he makes fun electronic music on gameboys" even though I have been experimenting with the NES, Genesis, Commodore 64, and trackers for a good long time now.  Whatevs.

lol, everyone mentions the gameboys

I don't have a wife or a girlfriend, but everyone I know that knows my yet-to-be-productive hobby says I make, and listen to, "vintage electronic music". Which makes the whole ordeal much less awkward.

I also have the advantage of not using actual hardware (mostly because I can't find any around here), so people don't have to go "oh he fiddles around with a NES" or stuff like that. Though I'd love to get my hands on an FDS.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My girlfriend and I met through chip music, and most of her friends know what it is.  I guess she usually just explains it pretty straightforward.

San Francisco

I had a girl friend i dated for 3 years and had no idea what my music sounded like or even the name of my music projects. she just didnt care. the laast one i met at a chip show and she was all like "i like your vibe" and "i was all i like your sexy". needless to say i was a pimp that night. also she described my music as "lofi electronic". my mom... just refers to it as "his music". my mom bought me my first dmg too.... i was 8 though....

Last edited by wedanced (Jan 26, 2011 2:43 pm)

NJ
ovenrake wrote:

I explained it to an inquisitive german in line at JFK. Then he explained it to his girlfriend in german. I'm pretty sure he said something like, "check out faggy shit"...she looked confused.

NEVER FORGET THE TRANSAMERICAN OIL CHANGE IN CRANFORD NJ

thieveland ohio

my wife just nods her head and says "good job honey"

NSW, Australia

me and my wife are in a chipmusic duo called hidden village. check us out.

Last edited by Nue (Jan 29, 2011 3:26 am)

hardcore, Australia
Nue wrote:

me and my wife are in a chipmusic duo called hidden village. check us out.

When did you get married to Seb?

Last edited by godinpants (Jan 29, 2011 4:37 am)