Massachusetts

Yeah, I've left it alone. Sometimes it's on page one but only after having it been outside of any Gameboy and off probably for around that time. I read that link as well, thank you. I wish it were more helpful, but it'll have to do. I'm having a hard time figuring out whether or not I'm supposed to glue my father to the cart or something similar (I kid.)

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed the second problem. Silly me. big_smile

Last edited by mntnhd (Oct 23, 2010 8:32 pm)

SLC, UT

Oh, how did you fix it?

Massachusetts

Just a silly misunderstanding with myself regarding the samples. I've got that fixed now. Still, the issue with the cart being on page 2 hasn't been resolved and I don't think it will be. Although, that's something I think I can live with...

My only concern is whether or not the LED in the cart draws energy from the battery or the AAs in the DMG itself.

matt's mind

it would draw, max, 20mA, which is hardly anything to be concerned with smile

Massachusetts

I guess I'll rephrase my question, does it take the power from the on-board cart battery or the AAs?

Matthew Joseph Payne

What kitsch is saying is that there's no way it could possibly matter. What is your line of thinking?

Last edited by kineticturtle (Oct 24, 2010 4:47 am)

Massachusetts

No place around me carries the cart battery, since I live in the middle of nowhere. So if that's an amount that would drain the battery (I'm unfamiliar with electronics) I'd be hard pressed to find a second.

Also, if the LED eventually wore out, I'd be beat as well. I know that'll be in a hundred thousand hours, but still. If I have to keep using like this at this rate, I'll be beat!

Matthew Joseph Payne

There's no way that LED will drain the battery.

It is extremely unlikely that it will wear out, except on the wild off chance that it is faulty. If it were to die, it would not affect operation of the cart at all, except that it would be hard to tell which side of the cart you were booted on if both sides had only the same program on them.

Massachusetts

Oh, I know the cart won't go if the LED does. I just didn't know if the draw from the LED would be detrimental to the cart, that's all. Now that I know it's not, all I've got left to do is learn more LSDJ. big_smile

SLC, UT

Someone needs to make an ultimate 64mb cart answer thread. Those things are black magic, I swear.

Massachusetts

They sure do, especially since I have no idea what that is. Is that the one that Nonfinite was putting out a while ago that boasted no on-board battery?

matt's mind

EMS USB cart = 64M cart

(:

Massachusetts

Oh wow, nevermind. I took 'Ultimate' to be part of an actual product name.

SLC, UT

Small mistake. No big. I think what you were referring to was the "Infintiy" Cart. Which is the bleepbloop model two or something? Seriously though, if I did a thread like that would that be cool, or would that just attract "MY FIRST CHIPTUNES EVAR" people.....maybe I'll just post it on 8bc smile

Massachusetts

From what I've seen of 8bc recently, you'd be way better off posting that here.

Edit: And yeah, I thought you meant the Infinity cart, hehe.

Last edited by mntnhd (Oct 24, 2010 11:32 pm)

SLC, UT

Yeah because of all the people who don't know how to use a search bar or think the least bit abstractly.....notice the keyboard topic right in this very forum. So I'm saying for the people who would need it, posting on 8bc would be just as easy to find as here and then all the dickweeds would stay there.

Oh and by the way, it should be "help with AN ems usb cart." Not trolling, just pointing it out.

Last edited by stargazer (Oct 25, 2010 1:00 am)