))<>((

lolololol. I like it.

Now I just need JAK's hairtune OHC remade as an NSF for the theme song.

))<>((

Due to Halloween, and my hard drive failing, development had temporarily ceased, but now has resumed again! Rejoice!

hardcore, Australia

/use fringe with DMG.

You got hairtune.

/use hairtune with myspace.

i cant think of a good way to end this joke.

Tacoma WA

eh?  big_smile

Abandoned on Fire
godinpants wrote:

/use fringe with DMG.

You got hairtune.

/use hairtune with myspace.

i cant think of a good way to end this joke.

There's your final boss battle, verbatim!  big_smile

BOSTON

hairtune is the best possible name

BOSTON

Hairquest: DSV

sadly, i was looking through gooooooogle for anything hairtune related and there is NOTHING! How sad. we need to hurry up and make chiptune more popular, so we can make fun of it and OTHER PEOPLE will also laugh.

or we can just take old emo kid demotivators and replace "emo" with "hairtune" until there is at least enough shoops for a proper meme. <----- more likely

BOSTON

alright, so a bash game is certainly badass, no question. but i have a dream of a final fantasy (or perhaps, more like barkley: shut up and jam gaiden: http://gamingw.net/forums/index.php?topic=68488.0) style HairQuest, with awesome pixel characters and battles and everything.

TBread, this idea is so genius

))<>((

hahaha.

If I was any sort of programmer whatsoever, I would do something much better, but this as far as my minuscule skills take me. tongue

hardcore, Australia

Isn't there an RPG creator?

SLC, UT

Dude, python is like really really ridiculously easy to learn. You could be making stuff like this in your first 5 minutes. Although doing it in BASH is like an F-U to the norm.

Edit: Spelling is hard.

Last edited by stargazer (Nov 11, 2010 4:42 am)

Ontario, Canada
godinpants wrote:

There's RPG Maker, which is the best.  Oh the time I wasted starting games I knew I would never come close to finishing...

))<>((
godinpants wrote:

There's many, but that kinda takes the fun out of it. And I have zero gfx skills.

stargazer wrote:

Dude, python is like really really ridiculously easy to learn. You could be making stuff like this in your first 5 minutes. Although doing it in BASH is like an F-U to the norm.

Edit: Spelling is hard.

Yeah, I think Python is where I'll go next, I miss OOP. tongue Definitely can't do that in Bash lol

edit: PROGRESS:
Got a (very) basic battle engine done, with three different enemies. CZECH OUT THE SCREENSHOTS, and suggest to me some more enemies, or something.

Last edited by tacticalbread (Nov 12, 2010 1:00 am)

Neo Jersey

i kinda wanna make a new song now called hairquest specifically for this hahaha

))<>((

IT WILL BE THE THEME SONG.

FOREVER.

big_smile

Neo Jersey

hairquest theme emailed. you thought i was joking didn't you? well i called out of work just to write this! OK not really, it only took 20 min to make lol, but i did call out.