Thanks for working on this though nitro. I'll Probly make donation soon

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

Yea I read that but until that pc app exists, he has to make builds himself for you to IPS patch.

ha!

edit: oh i thought that was refering to something else, nvm

Last edited by egr (May 24, 2012 5:02 am)

Milwaukee Area, WI

LittleFM + Drag'n'Derp will mean a big evolution in the chip scene.

Instrument swapping between savs is something that I've wanted so badly. I'm so sick of having to remake the same kicks and stuff every time I start writing a song.

finally done with the EMS carts (hopefully).

They're such a hassle

Sweeeeeeden

If I understand what you mean by instrument swapping correctly, that won't be available. (Load just an instrument from a sav.) At least not in the near future. It's possible, but would be complex to code. And furthermore, clipboard won't be preserved when loading a new song. That's because LFM doesn't run "inside" LSDj, but as a separate app, so to speak. (LSDj will need to be restarted on exit and will clear all work memory on startup, including clipboard. Entering and exiting LFM is like turning the GB's power on and off.)

Is there a way to access littlefm once you boot into lsdj, that isn't lower cycling?

Sweeeeeeden

Glad you asked. You can press sel+start+B+A, known from such games as Tetris and Zelda Link's Awakening. I might also include the ability to replace the load/save song menu item in the project screen.

The load save song screen would be awesome, thanks for the start select tip. maybe instead of replacing the load and save song you could just replace the "return" or "back" option because that's really not needed. It's easier to just press b

Sweeeeeeden

Now I'm not following you. To get into LFM you would first go into LSDj's own file manager, then press B?

Sorry, so you're in lsdj, you go to its file manager. Under that there are the four options to save load delete and to return. Not sure of the exact word each says. I say you could get rid of the returning one because all it does is take you to the menu again (inside lsdj)... You don't need a hard option for that because pressing b does the same thing. it's be nice if that return option could be replaced with littleFM option

Sweeeeeeden

Well, guess what. Johan foresaw this situation and removed the back button in one of the 4.x versions. And yes, as you might have guessed, it's more difficult to add a new button item than it is to replace an old one.

Austin, Texas
Moriokun wrote:

Instrument swapping between savs is something that I've wanted so badly. I'm so sick of having to remake the same kicks and stuff every time I start writing a song.

I realize I'm bumping a dead thread here, but I want to write this down before I forget, as I should do it as well:

Have you considered just making a "Template" song file on your cart (and possible in a .SAV SRAM backup or separate LSDSNG), which has no song sequence data, but a full set of patches you regularly used programmed into it?

Then, when you start LSDj and begin a new song, you can save the song as a different file, and use the "clean instrument data" function when you are done composing and want to purge unused patches from the new song file.