PDX

sent

Salt Lake City

thanks everyone- these songs are great. i'll sort these out when i get home later tonight and update the thread.

Washington

I just need to figure out to make this 1:00 when I record it. Once I figure it out I'll send.

PDX

20 measures
Tempo: 80

or adjust for speed:

e.g. 19.5 measures
Tempo: 77

EXACTLY one minute, no dead space.

or have fun with time stretching

I've decided I want in on this!  I've got something ready.  Expect a submission soon smile

Planet Zaxxon

Sent! smile

BOSTON
OxygenStar wrote:

Sent! smile

HAH! this comp is going to be amazing... FW you should do a double album!!

ad-hell-aide

Submitted.

Question @ forest world: You say that

a) Songs that are submitted earlier get preference over songs submitted later (I assume you mean in both cases before the deadline)

b) Only the best 25 songs will be selected.

How are you planning on reconciling these two points? Who chooses which tracks are the best 25 tracks, and how do earlier submissions receive preference?

PDX
little-scale wrote:

a) Songs that are submitted earlier get preference over songs submitted later (I assume you mean in both cases before the deadline)?

This requirement seems superfluous

ad-hell-aide

Indeed

Salt Lake City
RushCoil wrote:
little-scale wrote:

a) Songs that are submitted earlier get preference over songs submitted later (I assume you mean in both cases before the deadline)?

This requirement seems superfluous

@little-scale and rushcoil: I guess it is unnecessary- thanks for pointing that out. I was trying to say 'Please get your songs in before the deadline', but it does come off long-winded. I'll make the change right now. On another note, both of your submissions are wonderful. Thanks for sending them.

edit: typo

Last edited by forest world (Jan 21, 2010 7:18 pm)

Salt Lake City
little-scale wrote:

Submitted.

Question @ forest world: You say that

a) Songs that are submitted earlier get preference over songs submitted later (I assume you mean in both cases before the deadline)

b) Only the best 25 songs will be selected.

How are you planning on reconciling these two points? Who chooses which tracks are the best 25 tracks, and how do earlier submissions receive preference?

In regard to the second part of your question, I will be the one choosing which songs make it on the compilation. Without any intention of being demeaning, so far it's looking like it won't be too hard to decide which songs to cut. For example, there is more than one submission that isn't chiptune in any real way. Also, some submissions have been over one minute long (in some cases closer to two minutes) that obviously won't make the cut unless their artists edit them. In both cases, I emailed the artists and let them know that they probably wouldn't be on the compilation unless they changed their submission.

Also, I should mention that songs that were written with the 1-minute limit in mind are much more likely to appear on the compilation. One artist sent me a song (originally around 3 minutes long) he had already released, but just faded this version out around the 57 second mark, cutting the original song short. To me, this isn't as impressive as someone who created a new song specifically for the compilation. I'll add this point to the original post now- sorry for not mentioning it earlier.

On another point, I feel like 25 minutes is a comfortable length for listening to one release all the way through without being too demanding of someone's time, hence the 25 song limit. With that being said, if there ends up being 30 kick-ass songs, then there's a strong possibility the compilation will have 30 songs on it.

Hopefully that clears up your question. Sorry again for the unclear language and confusion.

If anyone sees any other problems or has any other questions, please don't hesitate posting something here or emailing me at forestworldband (at) gmail

ad-hell-aide

Thanks! Your answer is very clear smile

Winter Haven, FL

Sent! smile

Edmonton, Canada

I'm working on a submission right now. Will have it to you in about 24 hours wink
That is all right, I hope?

astral cat

nevermind, i fixed it smile

Last edited by an-cat-max (Jan 23, 2010 12:54 pm)